XIX: Shots

"Ye sure

"Ye sure. Please have a seat."

The men landed their butts on the spongy seats. I noted their movements thoroughly for signs of discomfort.

One of them cleared his throat quite aloud just in order to gain my whole attention on them.

"Anneyong bagsanim. I'm inspector Han, the senior officer in charge of Seoul Yongsan Police Station." He forwarded his hand for a shake.

I gave a light smile while shaking hands with him.

The other person aired, "And I'm Inspector Kang. Nice to meet you bagsanim Min." We shared a hand's greeting as well.

"Ah so is there something which you need to tell?" I squinted my eyes at them.

"Yeah, actually we wanted you and Bagsanim Ko at the police station for some interrogations. The hospital aura is not fit for a conversation like this. So since you were the lead surgeon in the OT, you and Bagsanim Ko are requested to come up."

"Arasso. When do we have to come?"

"Whenever you are free this evening."

"Oh, I've to ask Bagsanim Ko as well. Please hold on for a moment."

I dialled Dr Ko's number. Soon after he picked it.

"Uh, yeoboseyo Bagsanim. Are you gratis today eve?"

"Ye I am. Why? What happened?" he pronounced from the other side.

"Nothing much. Just the officers have a little questionnaire to settle with us. So do you agree?"

"Sure. I'll come with you."

"That's great. Gamsahabnida."

"No problem."

The call ended. I enthusiastically showered a beam.

"He agreed to come. We'll be there by seven," I notified the eagerly waiting souls.

"Good. So we're gonna leave now. See you at the P.S."

They bowed and retired from the cabin.

Ugh, now I've to go to the police station. What's happening with me huh?

***

In the twilight, I stood at the reception, waiting for Dr Ko to show up. I couldn't spot him at any corner of the lobby. What was he up to?

However, after a few seconds of glancing here and there, he waved at me from a distance.

"Bagsanim Min! Sorry to keep you awaited for long. But I'm up now. Let's go."

I leered back. "Ani. It's fine. You're at the right time."

"Seriously? Whatever. Let's move on."

Boarding my car, we went off to the Police Station. In reality, Dr Ko had an appointment with his fellow colleagues at some restaurant on the eve. Yet he cancelled his plans for my sake and I'm glad that he did.

A few minutes later of trivial driving, we reached our destination.

"Seoul Yongsan Police Station."

***

After a jostling and tiring hour at the calaboose, we finally got outside and heaved a sigh of relief. Gosh, these policemen have so much to do even with the most unwanted hatches. What a mess. That's futile!

"Bagsanim, thanks a lot for coming today."

"Geez don't thank me. It's my duty. My wife is always busy intriguing me for helping out others."

"Good thing that she encourages you so much. By the way, I've got a gift for you."

"Omo, what is it?"

"Come on."

I took him by the hand and dragged him all along to a street vendor. I acquired a seat and motioned for him to settle as well.

"Two sojus please."

"Soju? Girl why do you want to treat me this drink?"

"Oh, you don't worry. I'll get some snacks as well," I confirmed, "Two japchae also please," I ordered.

"Hey hey. Cool down. What's up with this sudden treat?"

"Well, it's for your kindness. You rejected your friends' call for accompanying me. It really means a lot."

The tricenarian fellow broke into a tiny snigger. The roadside chef presented our dishes with a ting! We enjoyed our evening snacks loaded with lots of chats and unlimited waves of laughter.

***

Thirty minutes flew by. We were still glued to our stools, taking shots of soju.

"You know what Miss Raehee? I sometimes wonder why do people have to face such discrimination? It's all their karma you see. They are being punished for their mischiefs." He was baffled staring intensely at his shots glass. Then he ranted it down his pharynx.

I chuckled."I guess you are a bit too drunk. Will you be able to go all on your own?"

"Mm don't mind me. I'll get a cab." He almost dozed off on the table platform.

I held his arm. "I'll drop you at your house. Let's go."

He swallowed another gulp of soju before speaking, "I'm alright. Just a little sleepy."

"Hmm, you're way too dizzy. Now get up!"

I finished with the payment process and assisted him to the car. All way to his place, he snoozed on by laying all flat on the car seat. I tied up his seatbelt for safety though.

Soon we arrived at Jongno-gu.

"26, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul." That's it.

I jiggled him back to normalcy. A nice nap of twenty minutes provided him with some energy I believe. He got outside the car and waved at me. I responded back.

"Beware. Glitches can poke you anytime. Good night!" These were his last words before he lurched, with suddenly fast forward steps, or swayed, with his feet going sideways rather than straight forward towards his bungalow.

I pressed my lips for his sudden warnings. Anyways I left for home. I decided to take shortcuts for it was already 9. But I couldn't guess that it's gonna be a bit tricky.

***

On the track all of a sudden, my car halted at once. I twirled the car keys but the engine didn't hit back. I bumped the steering wheel. "Damn it! Damn it!"

Why on earth does it have to stop over here! I stepped out though I was hesitating at first. But I saw no other ways to try out.

It was a dark lane with only a few streetlights flashing on the road. The icy breeze curled up on my face. It gave me piloerections for a moment. I resolved to check the engine parts myself. Who knows maybe I can heal it back? I tried to touch the spark plug but its hot surface gave me an instant shock.

Suddenly someone grabbed my waist and hurled me along.

==========

Next part up! Uwu! Don't forget to comment and vote. Love you! See ya soon.^^ I purple you.💜

p.s.: I know this chapter was a bit too boring. Geez it's gonna be heart melting in the next one.^^