XXX: Idol

The heavy droplets drummed on the metal sheds, leaving all numb to their auditory nerves

The heavy droplets drummed on the metal sheds, leaving all numb to their auditory nerves. The moonlight was visible through some orifices on the clouds blanket, silver pearl stone-like drops of water dropped, pittered-pattered and splashed to the side wetting the grass blades, leaves and everything.

Thunder followed lightning to add a menacing mood to the soaked atmosphere. The damp soil had given off its quirky smell that flowed with rain. Proud flowers had to lower their heads in front of the cruel pranks of nature.

Translucent water droplets twirled dawn the window pane making the glass all blurred. Looked like something really harsh was tapping at the doorsteps.

The interior of the house was much quieter than the bursting arrogance outside. The doors and windows were methodically shut, letting none of those natural roars converse high into the lobby.

Grandpa was sitting on my opposite with a golf magazine in hand that uncle was sneaking glances at. I was perched on the soft squishy sofa, a tiny creation was lying in my lap. That was the little version of Taepung, the heart of the Min family. Playing with him was such an unexplainable pleasure.

His minuscule features were as sweet as honey. Beady eyes, flushed cheeks, fun-size ears and brownish strings growing on his skull were such a mesmerising view to have a look at. Teeny tiddly pairs of arms and limbs were like the soft flower petals and those two inches long sweet fingers had a rosy polish always.

That diminutive sleepy head was having a nice nap on his noona's comfy lap. No squirming. No kicking. No pulling. Only a peaceful adventure in the land of Nod.

I witnessed a precious bud blooming into a complete colour slowly.

Granny and aunt Yeoreum were probably busy in the kitchen as respected homemakers which sure they are.

In the middle of that cherished tranquillity, the main door swung revealing the exciting buzz on the other side of the plastered walls.

Two bold structures scampered in with uneasy steps. They were my parents. My father was almost hanging upon my mother's shoulder muscle. His hand was wrapped around mom's shoulder as his feet almost slipped on the floor. His head was suspending from his neck, his body looked so fragile and broken. It was as if he had no control over himself.

Grandpa stood up on his toes watching his spoiled son in horror. He looked like a dead corpse who was only breathing. His breaths were hardly detectable too.

I Saw dad's head swinging indirectly with every move.

"Appa?" Finally, I spelt.

Dad hovered his eyes at me, eyes swollen as marshmallows and drenched with blood vessels. He shone his teeth. " Raehee, my baby!"

Before I could pronounce one more word, uncle shouted. "Raehee go upstairs with Taepung. Now!"

I had to obey his direction and I did. As soon as I left the spot, the war took a ready start.

"Jake? You're drunk?" Grandpa stood firm at his post.

Nothing came from dad's side other than a devilish smile that concentrated the aura with more tension and tartness. That had happened several times before nonetheless this time it had broken through all its limitations.

Grandpa growled."How could be so nasty? You knew that there are two young souls at home to be taken care of. Yet you didn't put a stop!" He was putting heavily.

Poor old mind. He seemed so crushed.

"Appa give me a break. Let me speak. It's all because of you."

Uncle squinted his eyes at his brother.

"Because of me?" the Grandpa breathed.

Mommy added, "Yes you. If you and mother-in-law weren't here, you would have never got to see this today."

"Because of sharing our room with Raehee, we are not able to enjoy any intimacy. She lies in there with her books 24×7."

"I don't believe this. You are unsupportive of your own child?"

"Yes because she wants to be a stupid doctor as you all her life serving those insignificant individuals. "Barked daddy at the peak of his voice.

"We want her to become successful like us. And we will renovate this house once you are gone." Mom assistant.

"Besides appa, our presence disturbs Raehee's stu....."

"Stop right now. Why are you making up stories to push me away from my grandchildren? Can't you just be straightforward that you want me to shift to some other place?" Grandpa participated to shush their mocking mouths.

Granny and aunt ran into the hall in between the ongoing battle.

Uncle collaborated, "Aniyo you're not leaving anywhere appa." He snivelled. "As long as I'm here, you will stay here itself."

"Ani Jack, Jake is right. He does have a strong query that needs to be cleared up before late. Take care of my children. Fulfil their dreams. Make them build their amazing personalities."

"Honey, what's wrong? And why does the air stink so much? "Granny raised.

That's how my grandpa and granny left me alone under the care of my uncle. I couldn't really enjoy thanksgiving that time in the absence of my grandparents. But I did visit them for chuseok, Christmas and other festivals.

And now here I am today, standing right in front of the person who framed the basics in my body. The one whom I love and adore. My idol.

===========

[UNEDITED]

I'm back after a whole lot of time I guess^^*
Sorry to keep you awaited for so long. I was just a little busy with my school stuffs. Anyways enjoy and don't forget to vote, comment and give a shout out? Please I need your help.:(

Love you INFINITE.