XXXI: Mysterious Shadow

Making my way through the long walls of the corridors, ruminating about the fact that I would soon be going for a date with grandpa gave an instant tsunami of happiness in my heart

My brain did not want to recall the fraud allegations dumped upon me any further. And that was not really important. Was it?

A fun talk with grandpa is what I have been missing for a very long and finally, the day is gonna arrive when soon he will be with me at some expensive restaurant after all he is the director. How can he even think of anything cheap? Agreeable.

And maybe I could bring up Taehyung at the same? Grandpa would be actually happy to know Tae personally. He has been liking him for a pretty long interval now. Time to catch up on some private info as well.

The day went far better than I thought it to be in the morning. I was flowing to the garage, something beyond caught my eyes.

A figure stood at the first-floor window. I stomped out of the car and looked up. Nothing there.

Maybe I was mistaken.

But my visions were mistaken over... nothing?

It was the lab window. So Yoongi can be present in the same but with a flap of my eyelids, he just vanished. I don't know.

Anyways, I went in. Uncle was busy with a call. Taepung was probably doing his homework. And aunt, do I need to tell? Of Course in the kitchen with Euntak, the loyal servant.

I steadily crept up the stairs. Taking the last step up the case, I resolved to have a look over Taepung. I know he is punctual with his studies but I can't fully trust him for the mischievous acts which he had performed earlier.

Once aunt caught him reading comics under the shell of his Computer book. The results should never be called back again. He was scolded too bad. Aunt had given him the freedom to do everything provided that he has to study three hours every weekday.

I turned the doorknob and saw Taepung lying on his bed beneath the covers. His face was veiled behind a book so I was not able to figure out if he was actually awake. He held the book still in his grip and his body looked stone.

"Taepung..." I whispered loud enough for his auditory nerves to perceive.

He didn't budge. Was he angry with me? But I did promise to get his project done by Wednesday.

I pursed my lips.

I pressed my edges into a thin line prior to moving next to him. I snatched the pages away and gasped.

Two crystal blue eyes darted an eerie glance at my shattered visage.

"Yoongi?" I spoke out of astonishment, "You?"

He squirmed a few poses. "Yeah. So?"

"What-why are you...I mean...wae?" My words got tongue twisted with a lump of embarrassment shaping up in my tummy.

"Why the freak do you even care. This isn't your room." He smacked, his eyes shutting down slowly.

"This isn't your corner either," I spat in an annoying tone.

He read my cheeks for a moment and let out a heavy disgusting sigh. He crawled up to squat on the mattress, his sockets still targeting me.

"Come to the point. What forces you to come here?"

"I need to tell something to Taepung. Where's he?"

He instantly pointed his index to the toilet door.

"Fine, I'll wait." I plopped down on the bed right beside the metallic structure.

Yoongi landed his chin on the plain of his palms giving an 'I'm so done' expression. I know he didn't like being pulled up from the comfy position. But I couldn't decide another way out.

Just a moment later, a second thought charged over my brain.

Who was in the laboratory? Yoongi was here, uncle was working over the telephone, Taepung was in the washroom.

Then who? Definitely, that wasn't aunt.

I was fighting with my bothering brain cells for a reason. Yet it all went like - useless.

Soon Taepung tapered outside the lavatory and shrieked, "Noona!"

He hopped to me. "When did you get here?"

"Ah just a few minutes back. Anyways I came to tell you that I'll be working on your project tonight. So gimme the points on which I need to focus upon."

"Oh wait a second. I'll get my notebook."

I collected all the details from him and left the room.

Yoongi was still in there. Probably they were planning to sleep together tonight. Kidding. Uncle would never let that happen.

***

After dinner, I settled myself under the blanket with the laptop on my lap. The topic was really interesting.

'Electric Circuit and its components'

A too good topic for those young heads filled with gaming and comics.

I always ask Taepung to linger more over real science. So as uncle himself but look at that midget. Always crazy over paranormal and such fictional stuff!

What a mess.

Ugh.

I would die rather than researching those haunted kinds of stuff that can haunt my dreams. I was a boon until I started loving biology. And now that's what I'm a pro at.

The laptop screen flashed and I typed away.

It's going to be a long night......

==========

Here's the next one. The following part is gonna be interesting later ^^

Stay tuned. And don't forget to vote, comment and share please? I love you.^^

Purple ya INFINITE with all my heart lovelies.