XXVIII: Sting Operation

"What are you guys doing in here?" My eyes became cranberries to spot the gathering in the cabin

It's my cabin right? I rechecked the nameplate.

Dr MIN RAEHEE, Cardiac surgeon, MS, MD.

Yes, that's me and I'm pretty sure that there isn't anybody else by the same name in the health centre. I scooted in and dropped the bag on the table glass. My hands trailed to the curves of my waist as wrinkles popped on my forehead.

"Calm down Raehee it's just that we are worried about you."

'Bout me huh?

"What for did that miracle happen?"

Sunsin, who was a dentist and my friend too walked to me at a slow pace. She placed her grip on my wrist and yanked me to have a seat.

"We've heard about the news of your secret surgery."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged my right shoulder as I waved my hands aimlessly in the air. " I don't..... I just.....geez forget it."

"Raehee, no need to be so impatient. We know that it's fake," Dr Kang reassured. He had such innocence and care in his movements.

I threw a glance at him. "So? What do you think you can do?"

He heaved a thoughtful sigh. "We don't know."

Oh great! Such good mates. They're worried about you but are reluctant to give you a safe shelter.

What else can I expect from this mean dark level of humanity? Probably just tons of more excuses and curses just because I have a desire to lead a happy life. But maybe not this in this birth. Maybe not even in the next life. Or maybe never.

Perhaps they are sympathetic to me for my fate? And that's quite expected for a girl who has hardly spent half a dozen years with her parents out of the rest 16 years of life. For the rest, my parents used to have long business tours and pieces of stuff.

Life is full of pity, endless shudders and tears.

The tears can fill up a whole pool if allowed. Every moment, every minute and even every fraction of a second I feel like getting myself away all behind this hustling and honking world of smoke and ashes which has nothing to gift me other than pain and emotional triggers in each and every step of my life. Yet a but remains at the end of everything.

Hope. Society. Responsibilities. The three big holes in my life need to be changed with my blood, sweat and tears.

Finally, my senses brought me back to the real shop on Sunsin's gleeful guise. Not known what brings into her so much energy.

"What?" She shook me so bad. I wish I could be that cheerful always. She's just a free energy box full of positivity.

"You didn't notice? The article doesn't show any ready proof so you're on the safe side already! Chillax gal." She gave a goofy smile.

I couldn't hold back my laughter now. I placed my palm upon my mouth to keep it under custody. This girl is insane I swear!

Yes, the para is fake and doesn't give any relevant conclusion. So undoubtedly I'm what I am. Not a hoax self behind any artificial mark.

Dr Lee pushed himself straight on the floor. He intertwined his fingers as if he was preparing for some reputed speech.

"So shall we head to the meeting now? Dr Min wouldn't love to see us late."

"Right." Somebody chorused but I couldn't spot who it was.

Our whole gang followed our so-called captain Dr Lee cuz he loved to be on the head. He lead our way and soon we all glided into a hall room with a conference table at the centre of the floor. A blank white projector screen on the front wall with the hospital's logo on top and most importantly room heaters.

There was a soothing warm aura inside, a slight touch to my soft spot.

I pulled a chair and was about to sit when the one boarded on the next seat scrutinized my facial structure. I felt a bit curious and nervous at the same time.

"Pardon sir. Is something not right?"

"I think it's your face. I can see wrinkles and sunspots at this young age of yours as a result of your plastic surgery."

Wrinkles? Freaking sunspots? Even my aunt doesn't get many creases at that age! Is this person picked up from any asylum?

"I..." Somebody cut me off in between.

"I think we've gathered to discuss the benefits of patients and the reputation of our hospital. So it will be better if you keep your filthy nose into your own business."

I turned to face Dr Min, the chief director of SNUH. He was a man of logic and optimism. Hard work was his main patent which drew every singles' respect towards him.

He acquired his throne at the very end of the long table as we proceeded to sit back after a ninety degrees gesture. Not a unit whisper escaped from the mouth of the one sitting next to me. To be honest he deserved that sting for his concentration on sting operation ever my face.

"As you all know", started the senior, "we are pretty aware of the growing price of the medicines which is becoming a boon to the middle and lower class citizens. So a new attempt has been taken to collect funds for helping them with their daily necessities. The money will be sent to the NGOs and you all have to bear with this."

Wow, that sounds like a good one. At least it's gonna be of Some help to the people. Great job. The conference was ongoing for the next one hour and thirty minutes.

In the end, Dr Min finished with his concluding line, " That's all for today."

All sprang up like students rushing for the recess in the middle schools. I held myself back and let the others move out first. As it got vacant with just the senior-in-charge left behind, I dragged my feet to the exit.

As I was just a few couples of steps away from the door, I heard a call.

"Bagsanim Min. Please wait!"

==========

Wooah next part here! Don't forget to vote, comment and share, please!! I love you INFINITE! See ya soon angel!