XLIV: Meeting Again

"Jonho-ssi,"

"Jonho-ssi,"

The guy in a black hoodie and mask turned to face me. He took down his mask as my orbs were shooting laser beams.

"Raehee? What happened?" His words were wobbly.

"You. You are behind all these right?"

His brows cocked. "What are you talking about?"

I sniggered, "Don't act smart. I know you aren't innocent at all. What for are you doing this? Why can't you just get over me?" I yelled at his nose.

"But I'm already over you and I've got my new girlfriend as well," he answered blatantly.

"Well then stay at your limits. Better don't mess with me and my boyfriend again. Got that jerk?" I clenched my fists and stormed away.

What limits was she talking about? I can't understand anything. I came for a regular checkup. What's wrong with her all of a sudden? Thought Jonho peering cluelessly at my volcanic anatomy.

***

I crept into my space. The empty chair waited for me to fill in. I gushed down on the seat and hovered through the relations once. It seemed like I didn't hold the right person guilty. Jonho- is it possible that he could go up to that edge?

Like once he did have feelings for me at least to some extent. Would he not have even some empathy for his ex-girlfriend? Can he forget all of it just to destroy my life? No wonder but I have lost all my trust now. It's good that I growled. He deserved that anyways.

***

The weather was rough. A cold sharp wind blew the edges of my hair strands. Large trees bordering the burial ground fluttered their leftover leaflets with the rhythm of the rushing chilly breeze. The tombstones stood like the domino tiles in the stepped landings. There were numerous tombs other than grandpa's among which some were even newer than his. The sun was gradually moving across the sky as it was soon to be dusk. Nobody else was present in that area other than me.

My boots pumped over the grassy walk till I arrived at my grandpa's stone. I stood with a bouquet of lilies and roses in hand. I kneeled, placing the bouquet on the marble slab before the tomb.

Grandpa's photograph was still intact on the same slab, showering his smart, bright beam that could bring a smile to anybody's face. It was infectious Afterall as told by granny.

"Grandpa," I breathed, "I know you feel lonely here among all these other unknown people who do not exist anymore like you. How is it in heaven grandpa? Are ya enjoying your afterlife if it is true though?"

I gulped thickly, "You know what? I think you are living the best life now. You are in heaven, the place which is clear of all sins, all discriminations, all hatred and full of pure love." My nose snivelled, tears flooding in the rim of my eyes.

"Are you actually that sad? Maybe no because you've found your peace after a long hectic journey of life and perhaps yes since we're no more with you there. I expected you to live a little longer grandpa. I know how enthusiastic you were to attend my wedding in future yet God didn't let you."

My breaths were deeper, chest heavy due to shrinkage. "Or is it me who forced you to leave? Was it my fault grandpa?" My voice was soon to crack, tears started streaming down my natural blush. "I'm sorry grandpa, I'm really sorry. I never meant to gift you this utter incomplete life. I'm sorry." My head was resting on the edge of his stone tomb, my lips pursed and eyelids crushed together as the river of tears didn't stop its flow.

The trembling lips framed the not so clear words that seemed entangled in the words web. "Please forgive me, grandpa. I beg you. I promise that I'll take well care of granny. Don't worry. I'll never let her feel your absence. I won't let her precious tears sparkle. Once again I'm sorry. And I miss you," I mumbled.

"Ma'am we are soon to close. You can visit some other day," a man in a grey pull up jacket whispered by bending a little towards me. I nodded and wiped off the hot liquid from my face. "Bye, grandpa. Hope to see you soon." I straightened up on my toes, following the may in charge of this arena to the outside.

Stomping down the slanting rocky path, I ruminated on the old memories, the special memories that are to be cherished forever while descending the way. I paused at the side to see the beautiful twilight taking over the daylight.

The sky had a shade of pink, orange, red and yellow circling around the luminescent sun star. Darkness slowly overshadowing the city until it was completely gone. There was no more light left in the sky.

The street lights lit up one by one following the former ones. I was there for almost half an hour till it was the young night time.

I let out a stressful sigh and went back to the pathway down the land. I had parked my car at the starting of the way up the highland.

I sat in and turned the keys. The engine started purring. Pressing the I accelerator, I drove out from the place. The roads were busy as always. Horns and honks crucifying the silence of the eve, the wind rushing by. It was all just so normal.

The world is so indifferent nowadays. Nobody cares about the lives of other people. They are all only bothered about themselves, their happiness their stress, their desires. It has become so constant. People have now become much more aggressive and mean-minded. Love is hardly having a major existence in society.

Why did this happen? Why are they thirty for each other's blood? What does it take to be a little kind and friendly with others? Yet it all looks like a fantasy. Love is only available in the world of fairytales. Not in real life anymore.

Not all are that mean but one cannot deny the existence of those self desiring individuals.

Clear your sins to tie a knot with heaven. I have always been taught this since I was a child. Grandpa wanted his grandchildren to be pure as fresh roses so that they can stand out to shine even in the most distress of life.

***

I tapped the biometric and the door unlocked. Stepping inside I was surrounded by six pairs of shocking eyeballs. Their gazes were intense and damp.

"Tiktok superstar Min Raehee's secret behind the rumour of her hidden surgery has been revealed...," flashed the flat screen OLED.

=========
[UNEDITED]
Hope you'll like the upcoming parts ^^ There are so many- better not to reveal now. See ya!