XXXIX: Arachnophobia

My gaze followed the direction of the voice

My gaze followed the direction of the voice. I gasped at the sudden appearance of the persona non grata which was a bit away from my likeliness. I threw out a pout.

Why is he here? Was this blasé too required? I rolled my eyes.

"Come in Yoongi. I called him as well to assist me. I hope you don't have a problem?"

Problem? He is the most problematic thing I have ever seen!

"No what problem would I have?" I bluffed, my hands swiping the books with tissues.

"I thought he could make it, even more, easier to set up my room in time."

Geez why him? Why not somebody else?

"If that was necessary, you could've called aunt or Euntak. Yoongi remains busy with his personal inferences most of the time," I blabbered quite frankly.

"No," he blazoned his presence, "I'm not that busy anyway. I can surely help. In fact, I would love to!"

Yeah, why not you numbskull. I feel like blanching his pretty face in black ink so that his shiny rubber sheath becomes charcoal in no time!

He settled near the shelves as he put the showpieces according to his choices blatantly.

I had to work with bleary eyes since I felt something fishy. And thank god that I did.

"Yoongi, can you pass me that bathrobe? Just pitch it at me," Granny spelt.

Oh no, granny. Not that. Yoongi tossed the peach cream shaded bathrobe to granny who was on my backside. I ducked at the right time.

"Hey watch out! You'll ruin my hair!" Was it a rambling talk by any chance?

"Alright, I'll mind that from now on."

I'll mind that from now on. I mimicked it in my mind. What a big blag.

I shook my head and pursued the allotted work. As I was pulling out the next book from a carton for cleaning it, I noticed a couple of pairs of black little legs slipping inside below the other papers.

I wasn't exactly sure what that was so I decided to pick out the next one. As soon as I did, the pairs of legs sprung up on top of the remaining books.

Blenching aside, I screeched, "Aah there's a spider!" I hit the carton away from my arena as I hid my face behind my palms out of utter shock.

Granny shifted to me by watching my shivering figure. She caressed my back. "Calm down Raehee. It's just an insect."

"I hate spiders! They scare me!" I tried to display my fright because of the one and only insect.

"I'll kill it, wait." Yoongi paced to the carton but granny halted him, "No don't. Don't kill it."

"Then what other plans do you have?" I started showing off a fake cry that I
probably learnt from Taehyung.

"Stop being a cry baby. It is not going fine to eat you up. I'll throw it outside the window." She balanced herself with the arms to stand on her feet.

"Where let me see." She pulled out the novels and finally discovered the tiny creature at one corner of the empty box. I peered over her shoulders to check the spider's abs.

"There it is." She stared at the robot. "Yoongi can you please cast out the insect through the window?"

"Yes helmoni." He took the cardboard box in his hands and dusted its inner contents out of the open windowpane. Then he returned with a clear carton and placed it back at its position.

I rechecked the inner walls of the container and sighed, "It's gone."

Granny smacked her lips, "You're the same little Raehee. You haven't changed even a bit."

"Helmoni," my cheeks flushed, "I have arachnophobia."

"Yeah right. Whatever insect you see it becomes your phobia," Granny said, her arms on her waist.

I put up an embarrassing pout.

"Grow up baby you're an adult now. Come on. Now let us finish with these first."

"Hmm..," I hummed as I attempted to pick up the books from the floor.

***

Almost an hour later ultimately my hands breathed normally. I had a quick gape at the clock. 9 o'clock. It's still early. I woke nearly at 7?

"Good job both of you," She ended her blandishments, "Why don't you go on hiking Raehee? It is such a fine morning. Look at the sky."

I glanced at the unclasped window to see the clear light blue air ocean on which little white cotton clouds floated tenaciously.

"Hiking?"

"Yes. You can with Yoongi."

Hell no. I'm already rejecting this. It is a really bad idea.

"Ah well... I don't think Yoongi will like it anyways." I tried to act cool.

"Nope. I want to go. I will go with you," exposed the blue-eyed bot, flashing his gummy smile.

==============
[UNEDITED]
Lol now what do you think? Are they gonna be together at a trip or is she gonna deny again?
Any guesses?

'The danger of the past was that man became slaves. The danger of the future is that man may become robots.'
~ Erich Fromm

The world has seen a lot of distress and agony if you go back a little to the older year that has just ended it's journey. Well you're a lucky one who have survived through so much. People have worked really hard to cope up with the tensed and reflexive situations and even the most notorious ones at times. Yet they haven't given up. They haven't lost their hope for their expectations on a completely new year. So this new year is special. It is special at someway or the other. Every single day in this new year has a new ray of hope. Every step that you proceed with this year has a new meaning. Be what you are. Cherish the little good moments that you enjoyed last year and hope to build some more even finer these coming months of the new year. Let us advance to another new phase of life, throwing away everything else that bothers unnecessarily. Remember every single event has a special meaning for you to grip. Look for this in whatever your eyes catch from now on. And lastly a very HAPPY NEW YEAR to each of my beloved friends and respected teachers. May this year brings the best of what you deserve and love. Thank you ^-^

Loads of well wishes from,
KimG

Love ya! My angels.💜❤️