XXV: Treasure Hunt

Yoongi's back was against my vision

Yoongi's back was against my vision. I pursed my lips and reached to his side. He was hovering over the plants that our gardener was planting in the soil by removing them from their pots.

Our garden has almost all ranges of flowers starting from marigold and rose to hydrangeas and peonies. It was a get together of so many colours worldwide. The dahlias and sunflowers were stuck straight. Those little bushes of lovage, jasmine and clematis were looking like multicoloured wigs. An authentic aroma of lavender oil dispersed in the air. Aunt was a botanist and she loved trees and plants. She was determined to experiment with vegetables especially with string beans that were her favourite. And Taepung would be like 'What the fuck is eomma up to? Does she want me to become a bean myself ?'

Our back garden had a kitchen garden as well where aunt sowed seeds for fresh coriander, mint and such other refreshing cool leaflets.

Mr Kang, the gardener was pulling out the plantlets of rose to put them into the soil. Yoongi didn't shift his gaze even an inch from the rows of plants.

"Yoongi..," I pronounced softly.

The bot turned his upper towards me, giving me a surprised look. He looked deep into my eyes trying to figure out what my mood was. I glistened a smile. His sockets widened and his lips seemed to vibrate for asking me something.

"Did you get the letter?"

I wagged my head still flashing a beam. He instantly cuddled me in for a warm hug. My brain cells were busy processing the untold attempt and he soon pulled away. I was kinda shocked. My eyes remained wide open.

"Please wait a minute," saying so he rushed to the interior of the floral garden. A moment later, he returned with something hidden behind in his hand. He bend down on his knees and popped out a pink rose as he extended it to me.

I was word stuck and didn't know how to react at that moment. An open proposal? I heard earshots of Mr Kang giggling. I quaffed.

"Why- what is this for?" I spelt curiously.

He blinked his lids before answering, "It's a gift from me."

"Oh thank you," I said with raised eyebrows.

He stood on his feet. "You are looking pretty today. Even the sun will be ashamed to hide its brightness in front of your beauty."

I broke into a snigger, "Aish what? That's so sweet of you." I plucked his cheeks.

Did he seem to blush? Yoongi flushing? Omo that's cute. It's probably the first time in my life that I'm watching a robot's cheeks burning. Unique isn't it?

This is supposed to be a common strategy, but he looks so happy. Robotic feelings are absolutely undetectable. And I'm realising that now. How stupid of me.

Out of the blue, my phone rang.

"Oh, Taehyung! Hi! Just a second." I covered the phone with my palm. "Yoongi see you later. And thanks for the rose." I jogged inside the hall.

Yoongi cracked his joints and uttered with gritted teeth, "KIM TAEHYUNG!!"  He Spelled each of the words specifically. His eyes had that deadly vibes like the ones in serial killers. God knows what's cooking inside his skull. But whatever it was, his reflections weren't much consoling.

The red rose which was his first priority to present before me slowly got crumbled and smashed inside his grip.

***

You should always believe and have faith in your eyes and senses. It'll never betray you.

I trudged along still speaking over the network. The call was ended. While taking the next turn it made me discern that I was walking in the direction of the storeroom. One thing flashed before my eyes, 'I can still picture the old playground in my mind.' Taehyung said this last eve.

My face lit up. I advanced in the same direction, leading to the cellar. Running my fingers over the switchboard I switched on the tubes. The inner shelves and corners were filled with age-old precious items. Oil paintings, porcelain vases, chairs, numerous cartons, etc. and also a bicycle.

"My bicycle!" I screeched as I commenced to the vehicle covered under a thick layer of dust. I swiped the seat once to reveal the bakelite surface. This was the cycle which uncle gave me when I was in the ninth grade. Most probably it was shifted here when I left on my foreign tour for higher studies. Maybe I can still take it for a ride?

I would ask one of the servants to clean this up for the next morning. Just the following minute, my visions caught the box with an apple printed on the outer cover.

An apple every day keeps a doctor away. Uncle always used to revive this motto every weekday morning. Since then I had made this apple my seal for life. I pulled the crate and a book dropped to the floor. I managed to pick that up. 'All about artificial cognition in machines' was the title of the thick page bound stack. I took it with me as well.

***

I landed inside my room and was delivering the load to the desk. Just at the same time, Taepung screamed out my name that was enough loud for me to get tripped. The carton landed upon the desk with a thud and I perceived something heavy fell to the floor. But before I could that out, Taepung charged into my room and dragged me along.

This kid will never let me live peacefully. A few minutes later I returned to the space livid with rage. Taepung has his cricket match finals on Wednesday and I've to complete his science project. How easy for him to demand and it's a burden for me. Alright, a sixth standard project isn't going to be such a confusing headache.

I grabbed the desk chair and pulled it to place my buttock on it. And then I brought the inner contents of the box to the light. It was my gossip box and of course a valuable treasure chest. There were the class photographs, slam books, farewell diary, stickers, letters and those stolen memories down the lane. I also discovered a shocking pen and gum with which we performed pranks over the seniors and teachers. Those were the days of actual happiness, boundless talks and engraving the best memories for the whole lifetime.

When I was hovering through those articles, my brain was poking me for something. But that was not ready to expose what it is. I kept on imitating to myself, what am I missing right now?

==========

[UNEDITED]
Here's the next part. Hope you guys are liking it. Thank you. Love chu INFINITE!