XXXVII: Drunk Night

"Fried chicken and champagne," I announced for the waiter to note down

I patiently waited at the table for the orders to pop up. Plucking out my phone from the purse I scrolled through the social media once.

Looks like my accounts became a garbage dump of harsh, rude comments and jokes. I didn't know what to do next. Couldn't decide whether to be happy or sad, to laugh on cry. My mind was in such a reflex after all.

The amount of love, support and encouragement which I had earned through the virtual relationships with the fan followers via social media seemed to vanish with only one post which was not genuine.

And the outstanding caption was supposed to be nominated for an award.

'The secret of beauty = plastic surgery.'

I wish I could see the person who brought this flood of hatred in my life out of the blue so that I could slash his or her mucky tongue and feed the street dogs.

It was hard almost impossible to bear with those impolite offending words which one doesn't deserve. And it was the same with me. So I ended deleting every account that is related to that platform. There was no more username as Min Raehee exiting worldwide.

I wanted to be free from these virtual bonds that have no more value in my life, other than just a pie of intimidations.

It takes a great time to built but not even a minute fraction of it to demolish. Take this as an example.

My brain was kind of not wanting to show me the way. I was ridiculously drunk. My breaths stank. My eyes were shutting down. My feet were too fragile to keep me straight.

Alcohol has hit the cerebellum hard. I wasn't really a good drinker yet I finished two bottles of champagne. That's an achievement.

Another achievement paved my path for the day. I hadn't brought my car for my aunt wouldn't allow me to drive my way to the hospital and back until she smelled that I was back to normal.

I walked with uneasy, wobbly steps as my heels clicked onto the rocky footway.

Somehow I arrived at the bus stop. To be honest, I was not fit for a bus journey. In fact not fit for anything alone.

I glanced up at the sky. The twinkling of the stars proved that the night was drunk itself.

As I stood there with a body moving unsteadily from side to side, perks of scenarios flashed in my mind.

The day when I was perched in the five-star restaurant with Taehyung, waiting for grandpa. Then I ringed him. He answered my call, followed by the disaster.

I rushed to the spot with Taehyung by my side to notice two cars whose front parts were perilously shattered
and crumbled. The front wide glass was broken off the silver tanned vehicle which belonged to grandpa, my age-old friend.

Till the time we reached, an ambulance was already on the spot along with a police jeep. They were busy performing their listed duties and I saw grandpa's body on a stretcher. The person who was in the car was alright with just a few scratches and cuts. I was quite confident that grandpa was also the same and would soon be back to his own self.

But on visiting the hospital, I got the news of his treacherous brain haemorrhage and multiple fractures. His frame came back to me with a stamp of his death certificate.

These short term thoughts were haunting my inebriated brain which was definitely not short-lived.

And as expected I was impotant to authorize over my physical structure. I stomped forth and back, forth and back and I slipped. I leaned over the front exposed main road as a car came streaming at high speed. It was only a few yards away when somebody yanked me back.

I landed on the person's chest which smelled like mint and chocolate. I smiled to myself but tears drooled down my cheeks, his shirt's fabric soaked it all.

"Raehee what the fucking hell are you up to?"

"Mmmm..."

"You- and you're drunk? You already know that you are not a good drinker. How much did you take?"

I popped up two fingers in the air.

"Two shots?"

I rubbed my head left and right on his torso. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Thwo bottles," I mumbled peacefully without any hesitation.

"What?! Have you lost your mind? Look at me, you freaking moron!" He insisted on me to gaze at his perfectly designed face.

He shook me and held me in his grip to sway over me. The whitish marks of dried tears were charged upon by his eyes.

"Why are you doing this to me? Why are you so determined to hurt yourself?"

He was replied with a wide smile from my side. Possibly I had nothing to reply to? This hypocrite world has shown me enough till date that requires no explanations.

"Rae-hee." His voice was stern and cold.

I managed to unclasp my shut eyelids to witness his beautiful features for the last time. "Taehyung-ssi. Do I deserve all these?" I asked, my lips lengthening for a little beam

"Deserve what?" he asked back concerned. His eyes scanned my needy soul.

I couldn't help but smile at his prestigious tensed visage before crashing into his upper body. My physique leaning onto him uncontrollably, my face buried in the crook of his neck, and his hands slowly wrapped themselves around my unconscious body.

==========
[UNEDITED]
Haha so that was a little emotional part. Anyways there are some twists and turns soon to come. So stay tuned. I love you INFINITE!! And HAPPY 26TH BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVOURITE PERSON TAEHYUNGIE!!!
This person has inspired me a lot through his works, his notes, his tones. I'm grateful to him for showing me the right path to follow. So drop your thoughts and stars here^^