XLIII: Proven

My body stood there still processing the moment a second ago

My body stood there still processing the moment a second ago. I smiled to myself pretty awkwardly as I headed for the outfits.

"Bye uncle, see ya in the eve!" I planted a kiss in uncle's right cheek before departing for the workplace.

***

"Come in."

Dr Lee, Sunsin and the rest of the group members jostled in. I dropped my pen on the pad, landing my chin on my palm.

"What? Listen I don't want to hear any nonsense. So please leave if you have-"

"We've arranged a conference for you," Sunsin spoke out.

"You what?" I breathed.

"A conference media meet where you'll be proved innocent about your surgery."

Was this actually required? Yes, it was. I had to prove myself. I blinked a few times. "How?"

"You just need to show the pictures of your childhood, teenage and adulthood in front of the press. That's all. They'll get it if they aren't such moronic stupids," Dr Lee exposed while rolling his eyes.

Right. I can try that out. There is not so much of a difference in looks between the older and new me. So yeah it might borne a fruit.

***

"I would like to request Dr Min Raehee to come up to the podium in her favour."

It was my turn to move over there. I inhaled deeply to gain all the confidence in myself. Clicking my heels I stepped up to the dais.

"Proceed," I announced.

One of the pressmen put up his hand. I motioned for him to start.

"Well, it has become viral over the media that the famous Tiktok superstar Dr Min Raehee has a plastic beauty. Is this true? And what do you think- is it going to hamper the reputation of your hospital?"

"Ah, firstly I should say that it's all fake. A fraud article has been broadcasted in my name. I even have the proof. Please look for yourself."

The huge projector screen at my back flashed the presentation of my picture collages. Young me, baby me, teenager and adult. The pressmen noted down their conclusions and some of them took pictures of the presentation as well for better results.

"And speaking of the reputation of this hospital, this infirmary means a lot to me. My grandpa who was the former director of SNUH passed away a few days back. He was my pride so was this health centre. I would never do a thing that makes my grandpa disappointed. Neither before his death nor after it," I declared smartly without a single gap in between. My face had an unknown determination that was perhaps out of my control.

The hall crowd whispered to each other breaking the unnatural silence. I scooted out of the theatre and was sauntering back to my cabin.

Out of the blue, my phone buzzed.

"Yes, Taehyung. What do you want?"

"I'm at SNUH. Can you come to my ward? Ward number-201."

"Mmm?"

***

Creaking open the door to ward 201, I galloped in. There laid Taehyung on the bed, his face had some dark patches and cuts. My feet rushed.

I gasped, "What happened to you? How did this...all of a sudden?" Confusion was partnering with my words.

He pulled up his lids, his eyes half-covered under his curly bangs. "I don't know who it was. It all just...," he crinkled his face in pain, "It just happened with the speed of light."

The corner of his lips oozed blood. I cleaned him up and applied all the dressings and band-aids necessary. Grabbing a chair next to him I broke a conversation once the nurse left.

"Let me know in detail what exactly came off."

"Well It was just walking back home," he commented, "cause I didn't take my car to your place since my friend dropped me there. Instantaneously, somebody grabbed my throat, choking me till I die. I tried to fight back but he pushed me to the footpath and hurled over me, slapped and punched me for a whole five minutes. His strong fists banged my abdomen and skull. I'm so badly hurt Raehee." He almost spilt out his flooding tears as he pursed his lips.

"Gosh didn't you see his face??"

"Ani. He wore a black hoodie and had shades and a mask on. Hardly any part of his face was visible."

"Aish what? who the freaking ass was that? Did you have a fight with anyone?" I narrowed my eyes into a thin line.

"Nope. I never mean to hurt anyone so severely such that they would take an act of deadly revenge like this," he gulped as he tried to feel the moment when he was being beaten black and blue by the stranger.

I nodded my head, pressing my edges together. "Arasso. Your legs and arms look pretty fine. So you can go home after a few hours. Till then take a rest. I've got a bunch of patients to complete. I'll see if I can get a moment with you later," I assured him with a cute beam to cheer him up.

He smiled back."It's fine. You do your job okay? I'll be okay. I love you."

"I love you too." I caressed his hair. "See if you can take a nap. You'll feel better and don't think much about it. I'll do something," saying so I kissed his lips and retired.

On my way, I met a form in ink hoodie and mask, whom I really knew pretty well. Someone whom I suspected to be the root cause of all strains.

============
[UNEDITED]
Aah I'm back!! Hope you are liking the flow. It's gonna be interesting soon. Till then stay tuned, stay safe and remember I love you!

A prize for winning Smooth like butter BTS fanfiction awards 2021!