Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pain

Elaine ran through the castle with the warming feeling of tears coming down her cheeks. These past few days the feeling had become more and more familiar. She ran through the castle with nothing but worry.

What would she do know? She clearly didn't know. She had no idea where to go. She just ran and ran. Until she eventually got the Astronomy Tower. She felt safe there. She ran into the dark room and immediately started bursting into tears more.

She broke down. She fell to her feet with heartbreak. Emotions struggling to contain themself. She didn't care. She didn't care where she was or who it was, she just wanted her everlasting pain to end.

Her pain felt so bad. It was hidden inside her like a puzzle. She never really let it out. It was there her whole life, it just hadn't gotten bad enough until now.

Oh how she wished i'll stop. She begged and she begged while hitting her hands into fist onto the walls of the tower. She was stressed. She was hopeless. There was nothing but, sadness and pain. She deserves this.

She hit the walls repeatedly until her knuckles started bleeding. She wanted the emotional pain to stop, and the only way was to cause her physical pain. Only then would she focus on her scars on the outside rather than the inside.

Her knuckles started feeling weak and sore. But she didn't care. All she wanted was to feel. To feel something rather than emptiness. Just as she was trying to hit it again, her hands were stopped by another.

She looked up with her tear stained face to the face of Draco. His normal daring eyes were filled with worry. He worried for her. She never wanted to see her like this, much more hurting herself.

"Let go" Elaine said feeling the pain coming back. Draco stood there and said nothing while holding her hands. "Let go!" Elaine screamed harder and trying to let herself go.

"Please! I need to feel!" she begged Draco while struggling. She kicked, she screamed and she struggled. Nothing worked. Draco wouldn't let go. She calmed down and said in an empty low voice "please.. i need to feel".

In that moment, she collapsed again. Draco caught her before she hit the cold floor. She uncontrollably cried into Draco's chest while he stayed quiet and ran his hands through her dark locks.

"make it go away please.. it hurts" she kept whispering into his chest quietly. "I know love. it hurts" Draco said for the first time.

After a while, Elaines crying stopped. She caught her breath for the first time and looked up to Draco. She cuddled into him. Draco carefully picked up Elaines bloodied hands and stared at them.

"Let's get these cleaned up love" he exclaimed. He carefully stood up with her by her side. He took a hold of her wrist trying to be careful with her hand, and led her out of the tower.

They walked through the empty Hogwarts corridors. They made it to the Dungeons and past the common room. Eventually, they made it to Draco's room.

He led her to the his bed and sat her down by the edge. Without saying a word, he made his way towards his bathroom. Elaine patiently waited in his room with her thoughts.

Draco came out of the bathroom with a wet rag and some white bandages. He sat on his bed and said "scoot up darling" and Elaine shifted toward Draco.

He took a hold of her gentle hands and started patting them with the wet rag. The white rag slowly started getting the crimson color of blood and Elaines hands started clearing up.

"I'll protect you. I won't let him near you i promise" Draco said with a small smile towards Elaine. She didn't respond except give a simple weak smile.

He grabbed the white bandages and wrapped them around Elaines hand. When Elaines hand were neatly wrapped, she finally was able to make out the words "thank you".

"anything for you darling" Draco said embracing her in a hug. Something very unlike Draco. Hugs aren't his thing. They never are. But there he was, giving her a hug.

When he pulled away, Elaine look at him in curiosity. "What was that for?" Elaine said with a raised eyebrow. Draco sighed before speaking.

"My mother once told me that a hug is a silent way of saying you matter to me". Elaine smiled lightly. "And this is my way of saying you matter to me Elaine. a lot."

"And this is my way of saying you matter to me Draco Malfoy" Elaine said indulging Draco in another warm hugging hug. Draco pulled back with a smile. "Come on let's get you ready for bed" Draco said handing her one of his hoodies.

"Do you wanna stay over?" Draco asked nicely. Elaine lightly nodded. "Will you please turn around?" Elaine asked Draco. He did as told and eventually turned around.

He heard shuffling in the background until he heard her soft voice say again, "You can look". He turned around to be facing her in a pair of black spandex shorts and his big hoodie devouring her body.

"You look cute" Draco said with a laughing smile. Elaine slightly blushed before harshly pushing Draco in a sarcastic matter.

They both made their way into Draco's bed and they lied down next to one another. Draco hugged Elaine embracing her warmth. "Goodnight love" Draco said while pulling her closer and kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight Draco" she responded before falling into a soft sleep with Draco by her side.