Chapter Thirty-Seven: Blueberry Scones

"Somebody tell me what is going on here" he said with a strong tone. He was standing at the door, with confusion filled in his eyes. He stood patiently waiting for an answer while Robin and Elaine were frozen.

"I had an incident" Elaine said focusing on him. Robin had no idea what to do he just stayed frozen. "What kind of incident?" Draco said with curiosity.

"And what is Robin doing here?" he blurted out.

Before Elaine could try to speak, Robin did. "I was just leaving, don't hesitate to owl me if you need help with anything El" Robin said walking past Draco an carefully out of the Slytherin common rooms.

Draco felt at ease, he sat next to Elaine and questioned her. "What happened love?" he asked with a soft spoken voice.

"Umbridge" she said looking down. He sighed and raised an eyebrow. "What's the damage?" He asked already know it was coming. "I must not be a whore across my arm" Elaine said lifting up her arm, so he could see her bandage.

Before Draco would speak, she could already tell he was going to want to kill Umbridge. "It was pretty deep, I reconnected with Robin a few days ago, and i learned he was pretty good at injuries. I just called him here to help me nothing more. I promise nothing more please don't be mad at me" Elaine rambled.

Draco sighed and took his fingers and lifted her chin. He lifted her face until it was facing towards him. "I promise i'm not mad love. I understand. I just wish you would have told me".

Elaine looked at his eyes full in despair. She instantly fell bad in-fact, she didn't feel any better than before. She gloomed down and she felt like bursting out crying, which she didn't.

"How can i ever make it up to you?" Elaine said. "By resting that's how. You need to get a good nights rest darling. We leave tomorrow for the holidays" Draco said with a forced smile.

Elaine could tell he was upset with her for not telling him. She instantly knew she had to do something with her guilt. A thought struck her mind, and although she didn't want to, she had to. Before she could stop herself, she mumbled out the words, "I can leave the manor tomorrow and spend a few hours there with you and Narcissa, and then leave around early night via floo if you'll like".

Elaine knew how important she was to Draco, and this would make him happy. She could bond with him and Cissy, and hopefully be helpful. "I can even try those delicious blueberry scones you say she makes" Elaine said with anticipation.

"Really? You'll go? for real?" Draco asked trying to contain his excitement. Elaine nodded, which made Draco stand up with excitement and hug her. "I promise you'll love the scones" he said which made slightly smile.

Draco finally said "I better also get rest. Goodnight Elaine" he said. "Goodnight Draco" Elaine said while Draco walked out the door.

Elaine stood in silence before she slipped on her green sleeping gown, and stepped into bed. She could help but wonder about everything going on she felt anxiety release and calming herself down by reassuring herself it would be ok. She's safe.

She drifted into sleep and had a restful night.

***

Elaine woke up to the sound of the early Hogwarts morning. She checked the time, 2 hours before the train departed. She curled her hair into soft curls so she'll look presentable for Narcissa, and did a light but pretty layer of makeup. She also surprisingly managed to change her bloodied bandage alone into a new fresh one.

She slipped on a pair of light wash high waisted jeans with a cropped black skin tight sweater. She grabbed a pair of high top white converse and topped it off with a beautiful pair of earrings Draco had gotten her.