Chapter Twenty-Three: What Do I Do?

Elaine sat there with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. She was sitting with her legs crossed in the grass. She was sitting in between Fred and George as they both looked at her with sympathy and anger.

Elaine sniffled trying to choke on her own tears. Finally she barely was able to make the words "So..? what do you think i should do?" Elaine said looking at both of the boys. Fred and George looked at each other before giving their own individual answers.

George spoke first. "Honestly Elaine.. you don't deserve this. No matter if he's family, what Ron is doing is wrong. He's being a total douch. You don't need to be be feeding up with it. You deserve better love. Know your worth." he spoke in a softly matter before Fred continued.

"We're not saying you should break up with him, because that's your own decision, but you should definitely talk with him about it. Take it from us, we've know Ron our whole life, he's our brother. And we know he can be an asshole. We love him, but you definitely need to let him know. You can't just keep ignoring this issue and trying to cope. You shouldn't have too." Fred spoke in a soft voice.

Elaine took in their words fully indulging them, before she spoke. "I think i should speak to him aswell. It hurts me seeing it everyday. Let's hope he understands. And if he doesn't, i won't blame him. We can't help who we love. And if he loves Hermione, i'll let them be." Elaine said in a calmer manner.

George waited a while before speaking again. "So when are you speaking with him about it?". Elaine took a deep breath before she responded. "For tonight, i'll just let it slide. I'll talk to him tomorrow. It's Hermiones birthday anyways. I don't want to ruin it for her with our bitchy attitude".

***
Elaine had just finished her talk with the twins and she felt good. Almost like she left everything out. She felt nice. She was making her way to the Dungeons because she had a quick break before her next class.

She was so much in her own head, she didn't notice when she bumped into a short figure. "I'm sorry- Luna!" Elaine said. Luna adjusted herself before responding in her usual dreamy voice with "Hello Elaine".

"Where are you heading?" Elaine said in a casual tone. "I was just making my way to my room to see what i would wear this evening" Luna said in a soft voice. "Where are you going this evening?" Elaine asked in curiosity.

"Oh Hermione invited me to the Gryffindor party she's having. They said they'll sneak me in" Luna said with a cute smile. "Oh i'm going to that too! would you mind walking with me to the Gryffindor tower later?" Elaine asked. "Of course!" Luna said in a nice voice. "Ok! I'll meet you 5 minutes before 8 outside the Ravenclaw towers!" Elaine said before saying goodbye and strolling away.

Elaine decided to get a few minutes of reading before her next class so she headed to her room and picked out some of her potions book and started reading. As she read, she found herself getting lost in the knowledge of the amazing book. She was truly mesmerized by it.

***

Elaine searched through what seemed to be endless amounts of clothes. She just got out of the shower and did her hair in soft curls. Now came the hard part. What to wear. They weren't doing anything fancy.. so she thought the best option would be jeans..?

But her mind went a different way as she remembers Harry said Party.. something fancy? No she quickly got that thought out of her head. Her friend group wasn't anything "fancy" they were pretty casual. So she decided on something that would be good to show, presentable. It was Mionies birthday after all.

She decided on a cute white dress with some details along the top, with some straps that were tied with a cute small bow at the top. The dress wasn't anything too crazy, it was short, but not to much. it went just about 3-4 inches above the knee and she felt weirdly pretty.

It was a perfect dress. Pretty but casual. This dress represented much of the changes she went through summer and she liked how her new developed body looked in it. She then did soft makeup, to go with the dress. She also choose some heels that were black, and were a bit high, but nothing to crazy.

Just as she looked at the clock, 7:49 pm. She quickly applied some lipgloss to her pink lips and just as she was applying it, she heard a knock. She was to busy to open it, so she just said "It's open come in". Then she was surprised to find Draco coming though the door.

"Hey do you wanna study together for that Potions quiz to-" Draco was saying but was cut off with the sight of beautiful Elaine infront of him. She swear she slightly heard him say "woah" under his breath but she choose to pretended she didn't hear it.

"Where at you going?" he asked in a curious tone. "I'm going to the Gryffindor tower to celebrate Mionies birthday?" Elaine said casually while putting the cap on her lipgloss.

"Why?" he asked. Elaines eyebrows slightly furrowed and she laughed a little then responded with "because?". "How long will you be gone?" Draco asked. "I don't know. Maybe by 12:00?" Elaine said which made Dracos jaw slightly drop.

"12!? that's past curfew. Besides, we have patrolling tonight" Draco added. Elaine slightly shrugged and said "Oh come on like you haven't gone past curfew before. Besides, i was meaning to ask you, can you cover for me tonight?" Elaine said.

Draco raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Is my fellow Prefect who is supposed to be a good example being rebellious?" Draco said trying to act shocked. Elaine slightly laughed and said "Shut it asshole" while pushing him slightly. "You're being irresponsible" Draco said with sarcasm.

"Are you gonna cover me or not?" Elaine said trying to get straight to the point. 7:54 pm. "Sure but you owe me" Draco said adding on. Of course Elaine knew this, Draco never did favors. "Fine asshole" Elaine said trying to leave through the door.

Before she could step another step, she was pulled by her wrist. She slightly turned around to be met with a smirking Draco. "You look gorgeous by the way" he said finally letting go of her wrist. Elaine slightly nodded her head in appreciation and on her way to the Gryffindor towers, she couldn't help but blush at the sudden compliment.

***
Hello Lovelies! thank you for 3k reads! i dearly appreciate it. I've been having some hard few days so be patient with me if i don't update! anyways, the dress up top, if you don't like, as always, you're welcome to imagine whatever you'll like!