Chapter Sixty: Ours

A/N: Happy chapter 60!!!!!

September 1st, 1997

Deranged.

Deranged was the only word Elaine Riddle could use to describe how she's felt the past 2 months while staying at the Malfoy Manor. Elaine felt trapped, and she felt like any wrong move could justify her future.

The only thing keeping her sane was Draco, and even him couldn't fix her on her bad days. These past two months were some of Elaine's worst. Her nightmares were terrible, each day they were worst.

She stayed quiet about them, she wouldn't dare to bother Draco or anyone else with her problems. They were her problems, and only hers. No one else's.

Elaine was tired of the secrecy, of the life she was living. She was tired of walking around eggshells every time she had to go down to the kitchen to even get a simple snack. She was scared at walking around the halls, scared she might run into a death eater residing there and he happened to have a bad day.

Elaine knew Draco was trying. He didn't like seeing her like that. Deranged. Elaine was extremely unhealthy when it came to weight, and sometimes she could barely even get food through.

Some days, Draco had to force her to eat or to get out of bed. Elaine's arms were weak, but she knew Draco made her strong. Each day Elaine felt terrible, she had to remind herself of why she was here, Draco.

However, not all days were completely bad. Some days Draco and her went out. They were happy after forgetting their problems. They pretended they were still 15 years old and at Hogwarts. They missed that.

If only they didn't take it for granted back then.. All they wished was to be 15 years old and in love again, and their only worries to be their upcoming exams.

But they weren't little anymore. They were 17.

The ministry had been taken over by Voldemort, and August the month prior had been chaos.

Elaine couldn't help but be sad on her 17th birthday.

"Draco do we really have to do something today?" Elaine said while fixing her hair in the mirror.

"It's not healthy for you to be here all day. It's your birthday i want to do something special" Draco said grabbing Elaine's hand.

"All i need is you" Said Elaine while looking into Draco's eyes, trying to make him fold.

"mmh no i don't think so my love, now hold on" Draco said while Elaine grunted and grabbed onto his arm.

Fast enough, they were at their destination. Elaine's mood instantly went up when she saw the beautiful Manor that beheld her eyes.

The mansion was beautiful, it was surrounded with flowers, there was a huge pond and the white color the mansion was drowned in was astonishing.

This was the most beautiful house Elaine has ever seen.

Draco's smile widened at the sight of Elaine finally being happy, and he couldn't contain his excitement any longer.

"Draco why are we here? who's house is this?" Elaine said with a huge smile.

"Ours" Draco said with a smile.

This drove Elaine mad. What? what did he mean by that Elaine thought. She has never seen this house in her life, how could this be theirs?

"i'm sorry what?" Elaine said with a confused face.

"It's ours. I bought it." Draco like it was the most casual thing in the world.