Chapter Eleven: Where?

During these past few weeks at Hogwarts, The atmosphere grew colder. The wind was every where. They all had jackets on the cold winter nights.

Elaines bruise had gone away, and christmas was days away. Her Friendship with Draco had grown closer, always remanding herself no romantic feelings no matter how hard it was. She's also became closer to a specific pair of red haired twins.

Fred and George often played pranks on her, or planted pranks with her. She enjoyed their company and their laughter. They brought out the joy in her. These past few weeks, She managed to get her life together. Elaine finally started to feel happier again.

It seemed fixing things with Draco had done her good for everyone. No matter how much it hurt for for just to be friends. It was the best for everyone. Everyone constantly told her he was bad news.

She finally listened and cut all romantic feelings with him. She was hurt deeply inside. She wanted nothing but to be with him. But of course, they remained friends. They often teased each other and laughed together.

She could even consider him a best friend. She never thought the boy she hated would become best friends with her.

Today was the day the teacher were asking were students were staying during the holidays at breakfast. Elaine often hated this time of the year. She never spend it with Severus, he was always at Hogwarts. She was upset to seeing as she would have to spend another lonely christmas.

She made herself to the Great Hall. None of her Slytherin friends were their yet, So she went over to the Gryffindor table and sat with Hermione, Ron, Harry, and finally her favorite twins, Fred and George.

She sat next to George. She had become very good friends with Hermione and very close with Ron. Ron and Elaine shared lots of common stuff, like always being left behind. Draco didn't agree with her friendship with them, but he let her be.

Out of the corner of her eye, she eyed Robin. Her former bestfriend. The past few weeks, she's made effort to talk to him. He refused everytime. Over time, Elaine stopped. She came to realize he wasn't trying. They grew apart and she made herself new friends, while he got a Girlfriend. A blonde Hufflepuff girl. He just dropped Elaine and it made her angry. She was no longer Robins friend.

She stopped glaring and greeted every one on her table. "Morning" She said grabbing a piece of toast. "Morning" they all replied. Of course, George made a remark. "Woah you look terrible this morning Elaine" He said. Elaine had forgotten to do her hair and left it wet.

"Oh shut it George" Elaine said shoving a piece of Toast on George's mouth which made the table erupt into laughters. "Anyways, what are all of you doing for the Holidays?" Hermione asked. Elaine went a bit tense but soon relaxed.

"Were staying at the Burrow with mum" Fred and George announced. "Us two" Announced Ron and Harry. "I'll be spending it with my Parents" Hermione announced.

Elaine felt a ping of Jealousy at how they were all spending it with family. "I'm staying at Hogwarts" Elaine announced. "You're kidding! how come?" Ron said. "Well Severus doesn't really celebrate christmas, and I never get present anyways so I always stay at school studying" Elaine said looking down.

"That's depressing!" Ron said. Elaine looked down. Fred and George looked at each other. Seeming to be having an idea. Ron also looked at them like he had an idea. "Are you thinking what i'm thinking George?" Fred said. "I am" George replied. Ron's face lit up.

"Why don't you stay at the burrow!" They both said out loud. Elaines face shot up. "Yeah! that'll be great!" Ron said with tinted cheeks. "really!? you guys would let me stay with your family?" Elaine said with a bright face.

"Of course!" They said. "Are you sure it won't be too much tro-" Elaine was saying but was soon cut off by Ron. "Oh shush! I'll owl mum right away and ask her if it's okey! even tho i'm sure it's fine" He said. "I'll ask Severus right away if it's alright! i'll get going now before they ask us where we're staying!" Elaine said staying up. They all nod and she made her way to Severus classroom.

She lightly knocked on the door. "Come in" She heard a voice and she lightly opened the door. "Elaine?" Snape asked. "Severus" Elaine asked.

"I have a question" She said. He looked up at her. "Well?" He asked. "I was wondering... if i could stay at the burrow with Ron and his family this christmas. They said it won't be too much trouble." Elaine said hoping for a yes.

"interesting. And how long will you be staying?" He said lifting a brow. "Christmas week" She said with a smile. "They're really nice people." She added on.

He thought of it for a while. "I'll allow you to stay just this once. However, when you come back I expect you to catch up in the studying you should have been doing like you always do. You should contact me if there's anything wrong" He said.

Elaine jumped up in down in excitement. "Of course!" She said thanking him and leaving the classroom on her way to breakfast. The proffesor were just asking Harry where he was staying, and Elaine made it just in time to inform her of her whereabouts.

"And how about you?" They asked her. Everyone looked at her with amusement. "I'll be leaving Hogwarts" She said and was soon pulled into a hug from Fred, George and Ron.

During Breakfast, They talked about how much fun they'll have and what they'll do on the train tomorrow.

She eventually made her way to all of her classes. She had a good day mostly happy and easy work, of course she would find it easy work. She had the brains of Tom Riddle.

Harry was pretty overwhelmed with the task, but he was keeping himself calm. The final task would be after Winter Break. She thought about her friends would change if they found out her real last name. Would they treat her differently?

She sat in the Common room waiting for Draco. They had a "thing" when they would meet in the common room to talk about their day, or their self's mostly. It didn't mean to happen it just did.

Draco went and sat next to her looking at her. "So?" He asked. "What are you doing for the Holidays after all?" Draco asked her. Elaine had told him about her Holidays always being depressing. She felt for her. He also related to her on that.

"Well i'm staying at the Burrow" Elaine said hoping he wouldn't be too mad. "At the Burrow? you mean with the Weasleys?" he asked a bit tempered. Elaine nodded.

"How about you?" Elaine asked. "At my depressing home as always" He said rolling his eyes. "I was going to ask you something.. but i cant do that anymore" He said. "Tell me" She said amused.

"Well I wanted to ask if you wanted to stay over at the Manor for the holidays. We've become close and maybe spending our Holidays together would become less depressing for the both of us. But i cant anymore" He said. Elaine felt bad. She wanted to go with Draco too.

An idea popped into her head. "How about, i spend half of the week with the Weasleys, and on christmas morning, after christmas eve, i go to the Manor and spend the rest of my time there? i can spend christmas with you and the Weasleys!" She said with a bright smile.

Draco face light up. "You were always quiet the smart witch aren't you" He said smiling. He suddenly gave her a hug. Something they have never done. She felt warm and safe in his embrace.

"Thank you" He said letting go.