Chapter Nineteen: Getting Ready for Summer

It's been a few days since the tournament. Everyone at Hogwarts was getting ready to jump on the train to leave for the summer. The school year came to an end, and everyone was excited for the summer that was to come.

Elaine normally would have stayed with Snape, but he allowed her to stay for the Weasleys for the whole summer. He thought it would be better for her to be safe, and being safe wasn't with him anymore.

He allowed her to stay at Hogwarts, and for that she was very thankful for. She needed Hogwarts. Her friends everyone. If she didn't, she didn't know what would happen.

Elaine was standing next to her friends and taking in the beautiful sight of the castle before she stepped into the train. She admired how beautiful it was before getting in the train and hoping to see it in a few months.

Elaine sat at the cold cushions of the train in a compartment with the golden trio. She was waiting for the train to leave, when by her compartment, she saw bright blonde hair. She knew who it was immediately.

She could see him from the little window passing though. His eyes met hers in an instant before he dissapeared. Elaine strangely felt the need to hug him. Or be his friend again. But she promised herself.

She played with her ring which she was still wearing. It was the ring that had "D.M" engraved on it. Their friendship rings. As much as she tried to take it off, she couldn't bare too. not yet. It was too painful for her. She tried to attach herself to the happy memories of Draco. Hoping he was still in there. Deep inside her, she still belived Draco was still there. She also wondered if he still wore his ring.

Draco had been so special to Elaine, and she wasn't just yet ready to let go of that. One day, maybe they could reunite. She always tried to look for him at the hallways without even realizing, his dumb blonde hair she liked so much. His beautiful eyes who she could get lost in for days.

Elaines 15th birthday was in a few days and she was beyond excited. She would be spending it with the Weasleys and of course, she would love it. The Weasleys were also very kind and special to her.

Suddenly the train started in a hurry, and she could hear her own thoughts interrupted by the sound of Ron's voice. "Elaine?" He asked her for the third time. Elaines thoughts snapped out and she looked at Ron.

"Are you going to get anything from the trolley?" Ron asked her. "Uh yeah i want some chocolate frogs please" Elaine asked nicely. "Four sickles dear" the lady said with a smile.

Elaine handed her the money and took the frogs. "Thank you" Elaine said sitting back down next to Ron. Elaine hadn't really slept good through your the past few days because of the recent "events" so she found herself getting tired and yawning.

"Are you tired?" Hermione asked while eating a sweet. "Yeah a bit" Elaine said. "You can sleep on my lap" Ron said with tinted cheeks. Elaine slightly nodded with a smile and place her head on ron's laps.

She quickly started drifting to sleep, all she could hear before she went into a slumber was the sound of Harry's voice and the feeling of someone playing with her hair.

***

"Pssh Elaine" Elaine heard slightly muffled because that she was half asleep. "We're here Elaine wake up" she heard Ron's voice once again. She then lifted her head from Ron's laps and started readjusting herself to life back again.

Once she was mostly awake, she grabbed her bags and walked next to the Ron. The four of them walked up to Molly Weasley. She could also see Fred and George and Ginny were already with Molly.

"Ron!" Molly said indulging his son into a warm hug. Harry and Hermione wouldn't spend it with the Weasleys, Hermione going with her parents, and Harry going with the Dursley's, but Molly still gave them a warm embrace.

Molly finally examined Elaine and quickly gave her another hug. "Dear your back! we've missed you so much!" Molly said with a bright smile. "I've missed you too Molly" Elaine said with a smile.

Molly finally let go of her, and said "come on let's go" and they all followed her to the car.

***

When Elaine walked into the Burrow, she realized how much she missed the homey smell of this place. She loved the Burrow. Although it wasn't much, Elaine loved it and the atmosphere.

She was going to share a room with Ginny once again. Fred and George took her Luggage and sent it to Ginnys room while Elaine got to talk with Ginny more. They were good friends and often had lots of talks.

When examining the Burrow, she suddenly felt a weight on her shoulder and when she looked to the side, she saw a smirking Ron. "Ready to have the best summer of your life?" Ron said with a smirk. Elaine slightly made his hair messy and gave him a quick hug.

"Careful there brother she's a feisty one" Fred said still carrying Luggage. "Fred!" Elaine said slightly laughing. "You better get ready Elaine, because let's just say there's lots of things coming for you" George said with a smirk.

"They mean pranks love" Ron said slightly laughing. "Don't you guys dare do something to me!" Elaine said with a smile. "Oh well you'll just have to wait and see!" Fred and George said in union.

"Be careful because they always pull pranks on me" Ron said. "I will" Elaine said looking into Ron's eyes. Elaine knew this was going to be the best summer ever..