Chapter Nine: Yule ball

Chapter nine: Yule Ball

Elaine was sweating. She felt like all eyes were on her. And they were. She went down the stairs with Robin. She could feel Dracos glair burning right through her. She could feel it.

They got to the end of the stairs and gracefully walked over to a table with Robins friend. It was a Blonde hair boy, and a brunette hair boy with green eyes. She greeted them and she sat down next to the blonde boy.

"Care for a drink?" Robin asked Elaine. She nodded and he strolled off to the punch table. She started to make conversation with the Blond, and turns out his name is "Oliver". Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Luna.

"May i excuse myself? tell Robin i won't be long" Elaine said standing up while Oliver nodded. She made her way to the beautiful Ravenclaw girl. She was wearing her beautiful dress she purchased, with some curls cascading from her bun. She looked gorgeous.

"Merlins sake! You look incredible Luna!" Elaine said with a bright smile towards the girl. "Thank you Elaine. You look gorgeous as well" Luna said. Elaine curled her lips into a big smile.

"Here let me introduce you to my friends" Luna said dragging her towards a table with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, And Fred and George Weasley. "Luna i don't think that's a good idea-" Elaine was saying.

"Oh shut it" Luna said still dragging Elaine. She then was eye to eye with the one and only, Harry Potter. She felt dearly for him. She wanted to go hug him and tell him how sorry she was. But he would never understand.

"Hello, I'm Elaine" She said towards the people in the table. Everyone introduce themself, even tho Elaine knew who they were. "You look beautiful Hermione" Elaine said trying to break the tension.

Hermione looked very pretty. "Thank you, You look pretty as well" Hermione said as well. "That would be and understatement" Harry blurted out. Elaine cheeks went tinted red.

"He's right. Right Fred?" George said. "Absolutely!" Fred said almost in the exact same voice. "So how do you like Hogwarts so far?" Harry said. "I think it's great, although i still don't have many friends besides Robin and Luna" Elaine said looking down.

"You hear that George?" She doesn't have many friends. Fred said. At first, Elaine thought this was a rude gesture, but her feelings soothed to "Dont worry were friends now" George said smiling.

Elaine gave him a big smile. "Really George?!" Elaine said excited. George's and Fred's face went wide. "Look Fred! She can tell us apart!" George said in excitement. "It's pretty easy" Elaine said.

"We're definitely becoming good friends" George said standing his hand out to Elaine. She gladly shook it before shaking Fred's hand. Elaine thought about her new friendship when she heard Robins voice.

"Ah there you are" Robin said taking Elaines hand. She slightly smiled at him. He stretched his hand out which send Elaine in confusion until he spoke. "Care for a dance Ma' Lady?" He said. Elaine lightly giggled and took his hand.

Robin led her into the dance floor. He took his hand into her waist, while grabbing her other hand in his hand. Elaine grabbed her hands around his shoulders pulling them closer.

They swayed back and forth to the dance floor moving along the rhythm of the song. She gracefully let her guard down. She watched everyone was switching partners by spinning, so Robin did the same to her, spinning her around, and to be met with a different pair of arms.

She felt the arms wrapped around her. She faced towards her partner and she was in shock. it was Draco. "Miss me love?" He asked in a flirty way while dancing with Elaine. "No" Elaine said coldly.