Chapter Thirty-Nine: Gifts

Elaine woke up with a person, or perhaps people screaming "It's christmas!!" onto her ear. She jumped up and woke up to the startle noise in her ear. She immediately saw who was behind this, and she grabbed them both by the ear and pulled them closer to her.

They both wined in pain, and tried to tell her to stop. "Do you ever scream into my ear like that again, and wake me up, i'll rip your ear off right there and then. Got it?" she said still holding onto them. They immediately nodded and said "yes yes! we got it".

Elaine let go of them and her lips stretched into a smile. "Good, now what's for breakfast?" she asked laughing. The twins still grabbed onto their ears painfully and wined. "Oh and merry christmas" Elaine said with a smile.

Elaine stood up, grabbed some clothes and headed to the restroom. On her way there, she met Ron and Ginny and said good morning and Merry Christmas.

Elaine brush her teeth and hopped onto the shower. Once she got out, she put on a light green skirt, a white collar cropped shirt, and a light green long-sleeved cardigan that she button up. The skirt was pretty short for winter, but she didn't really care.

She straightened her hair, and styled it before putting on her white converse and heading out the restroom. She met the whole family downstairs.

"Merry christmas everyone!!" Elaine said and they all responded back while eating. "Is there anything i can help you with Molly?" Elaine immediately said, but Molly refused and Elaine sat down next to Ron.

Elaine took some pancakes, as well as some raspberry scones. "How was everyone's night?" Molly asked carefully sitting down next to Arthur.

Elaine decided to lie, for the sake of the family, and the fact nobody knew about her nightmares except the twins and Draco. "Mine was alright" Elaine said and hoped the twins took the hint to go along with it.

"Ours was fine" Fred and George said while the table also mumbled about their night. Everyone pretty much ate in chaos of talking, they were used to it with the Weasleys.

In the middle of the chatter, Molly interrupted. "We will be having a christmas dinner tonight, so do whatever you must before. Formal wear. I expect everyone to be at the table at 8 PM" she said with such ease.

They all agreed to it and finished their breakfast remotely quickly. After the morning was practically finished, all the kids headed to the living room.

They all spread out all sorts of games and sort each other out onto groups to stop chaos. They ended up with Harry, Elaine and Ron, Fred, George, Ginny and Hermione. Harry, Ron and Elaine headed over to a board game while the other group did who knows what.

The game Elaines group picked was very easy but disastrous. After a few tries, Ron was doing it all wrong and looking stupid, while Elaine and Harry were laughing so hard their stomachs were starting to hurt.

"Guys come on, help me!" Ron pleaded but this only drove Harry and Elaine to continue laughing. After a few more minutes of Ron looking frustrated, Elaine couldn't take it anymore and she was about to piss herself.

She excused herself while still laughing, and left Harry to fend for himself with Ron. She headed towards the bathroom, and soon entered it and did her business.

She washed her hands, and looked at herself in the mirror. She was normally so on edge with Voldemort back, that she hadn't had time to have a genuine laugh in a while. She loved her friends.

Firstly Harry. Merlin was he stubborn she thought. But that's what she loved about him. He was so unselfish and would do anything for the ones he cares about. He was an angel. They were similar in many ways, one of them being they were orphans. Harry often reminded her of the positive part in a situation and how it's important to stay positive.