Chapter Fourty-Nine: New Start

Today is the second day of Elaines sixth year, and she's already beaming with excitement but nerves. She spoke with Snape about her new schedule, and he seemed to approve.

You see, sixth years have more free time. But this comes with responsibility. Students have the ability to choose 1-5 level N.E.W.T classes, depending on your career of interest.

These classes might seem like stress free since you have more free time, but with time, comes responsibilities. These classes are extremely hard and you have to have a huge amount of motivation to do them.

An average student, takes around 2, maybe 3 if dedicated. If you choose more than that, you're practically torturing yourself. It's also extremely hard to get into more than 2-3 classes.

However, due to Elaines career path, and her extreme determination in her studies and scores, she was able to take 4 classes. Elaine could have choose five, but with five you have to talk to someone higher in position.

Elaine settled in four classes, and she knew it wasn't going to be easy, but she was determined. Elaines schedule consisted of Arthimancy, Potions, Defense Against the Dark arts, and finally, Alchemy.

Out of everything, Elaine was beyond proud to get into Alchemy. Alchemy is considered to be a very tough subject, that only 6-7 years can take. She was very excited of what she was to learn.

***
Elaines day has gone smoothly and she's finally at her last class of the day. Potions. She's excited to see how well Slughorn teaches, and because Draco is in this class.

Potions one of Elaines favorite subject. Mostly because she knows everything there is to know. I mean, how could she not..? her guardian is Snape.. But Elaine was extremely gifted in her academics, Potions was definitely higher on the list of her strong suits.

Elaine stood quietly while she looked around the potions room, it did indeed look different and how it was set up. She could already tell some of the potions set up, and she could hear Slughorn talking.

Elaine turned her head towards the door aswell as everyone. Harry and Ron walked in. Slughorn talked a bit, while Ron hesitate on staying.

Elaine couldn't hold back her giggle when Slughorn made him stay. Elaine also looked back to see them fighting over a book..?

But Elaine was snapped out of it by Slughorn asking what some potions were. Elaine wanted to make a good impression, so she participated.

"Yes.., miss??" Slughorn said as to which Elaine respond with "Snape sir" and Elaine started speaking.

"That's Veritaserum, it's a truth telling serum. The other one is Polyjuice potion, some say it's hard to make.., And this other one over here, is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion. It creates an infatuation of obsession, not real love, it can easily be mistaken. It's also rumored to smell different to each person according to what attracts them. For example, if i may say, i smell a very clean smell, a strong cologne, and a hint of vanilla sir" Elaine said smiling at Draco and going back to stand next to him.

The room went quiet for a moment before Slughorn spoke. "Well it seems you know your potions very well miss Snape, thank you for your amazing input"

A girl spoke about a potion, and Elaine could see the small vile. Elaine had a bit of an idea it was liquid luck but she wasn't sure. Either way, she would love to have that for a rainy day.

"This is Felix Felicies, most commonly known as liquid luck" Slughorn stated. Elaine could heard Slughorn talking, but wasn't focused really.

Elaines thoughts sparked when Slughorn announced the competition, for the first one to make a successful Draught of Living Death. This was Elaines opportunity. She knew exactly how to make this.