Chapter Twelve: The Burrow

Elaine talked all the way to the Burrow on the train with Ron. About how much fun they'll be having and what they do. Fred and George constantly their conversation.

"I cant believe your leaving us christmas morning for Malfoy!" Ron exclaimed. Elaine shrugged. "Oh come on, he isn't that bad. He's actually very nice" Elaine said which made everyone look at her funny.

"Malfoy? nice? yeah right" Harry said rolling his eyes. "You guys don't know him like i do" Elaine said. "whatever" Harry said ending the conversation. They talked about all sorts of things, until the train came to a stop.

They were dropped off in Kings Cross. They all walked over to Mrs. Weasley. "Hey mum" They all said, even Harry. She pulled them all into a hug and looked for Elaine. He pulled her into a suddent warm motherly hug. Something Elaine had never experienced but it felt good.

"My dear! You must be Elaine! Gosh your gorgeous!" She said letting go of her. "Thank you so much for letting me into your home Mrs. Weasley" Elaine said. "Oh it's not such trouble dear. And please, call me Molly" She said with a smile.

"Your father is getting the our ride kids. Just wait" Molly said. Out of the corner of her eye, Elaine spotted Draco looking for his parents. "Ill be right back Molly. I won't be long" Elaine said excusing herself.

"Draco!" She shouted. Draco turned to her. "See you Christmas" She said with a smirk. She held her hand out for him to shake. Suddenly, she was pulled into another hug. But this time with the smell of strong cologne.

"See you Christmas love" He said whispering into her ear. He let go and walked away. She left Elaine flustered. She quickly stopped it and walked over to the Weasleys.

She got into the car and they started flying away.

                                              ***

The smell of the Burrow was a woody, homey smell. Full of love. Elaine never experienced any sort of of affection so she was surprised at how comfortable everyone was with each other.

Everyone started taking their Luggage to their room and unpacking. "Elaine sweetie, your staying with Ginny" Molly said. She's never really talked to Ginny.

She was sure they'll get along regardless tho. She took her luggage to Ginny and made conversation with her about everything.

                                           ***

The past couple days at the Weasleys, were Elaines best days. She's never felt more at home and happier. She often found herself blushing around Ron. She kind of liked him.

She often helped Molly doing dishes and cleaning up, Molly had already practically adopted her as her child. She absolutely loved how having love felt. She felt herself never wanting to leave.

She played pranks with the Twins, and Played Quidditch with Ron and Ginny. Ginny had also become very good friends with her. Harry often played with them, but he still wasn't very fond of Elaine. He always distance himself from her.

However, Elaine woked up on christmas morning with excitement. Seeing as she would see Draco today. She was also a bit sad for leaving the Weasleys as she grew fond of them.

She went downstairs and she greeted everyone with "Happy Christmas" and such. They all ate an incredible dish Molly had made and started unwrapping their presents.

Molly had made everyone a sweater with the letter of their first name in the middle. Elaine didn't expect one. She was new. But regardless, she still hoped for one.

Her face went to joy when she received one. It had the Letter E in the middle. She hugged Molly. Her eyes started tearing up. "Thank you Molly. I would have never thought i'll know what family was" She said pulling her closer. "Of course Sweetheart! Your one of our own now!" She said.

Everyone looked happy. They laughed a bit more all day. She was leaving soon tho. She went upstairs to pack. She was packing when an owl knock on her window. She grabbed the letter the owl was carrying and opened it.

Dear Dumbass,

Im happy i'll get to see you today. Hope you got me a present. haha. I'm joking of course. I got you something tho. It's something mischievous.. i'm sure you'll figure out what it is tho. You are a Riddle after all. Your father Riddle did sure give you the brains.

Sincerely, The most handsome man you ever met. (aka, Draco)

she laughed at the stupid letter and set it down on the counter. She took a quick shower. She left herself wonder about how christmas at the Manor was going to be.

She came out of the bathroom dressed, to be met with an angry Harry. His face was so mad. She was about to ask what's wrong, when she saw what was on his hand. The letter. The letter that revealed her true name. How could she be so stupid.

"Is this true! What does he mean by you are a Riddle after all!" Harry said screaming. "Harry calm down" Elaine said trying to reason. "What do you mean calm down! Is it true!?" He asked. Elaine stayed silent.

By now, everyone had heard Harry's scream and came upstairs. They tried to ask Harry what was going on but he ignored. "Is it true? i said! answer!" He screamed. Elaine said "Yes" in a trembling voice.

"What's going on Harry?" Molly asked. "She's a Riddle! Her father is Tom Riddle! Or Voldemort!" he said. Everyone stayed silent. "Tell me! are you a spy!? are you here to kill me?" Harry asked.

"God no Harry! I'm a good person! I'm not my father. Please believe me! I mean no harm!" She said. Harry kept screaming.

"How come Voldemort had a daughter no one knew?" Harry asked. Elaine decided on the truth.

"My father never wanted me. He left me. My mother died. Severus took over my care. He never wanted anyone to know who i was. Never. I always hid my Slytherin side in fear of becoming like him. I tried to be opposite. Hufflepuff. I'm not my father. I don't agree with his choices, nor do I hold his morals. I've never met him. I would never do his dirty work. Never. I have no intention of harming you guys. Malfoy found out a couple weeks ago. He read my diary. Please I promise i'm innocent" Elaine said crying.

"I don't believe you. And i won't. I bet you're just like your father." Harry said in disgust. "I'm not! You don't know how many times he defined me! how many time hes driven me back! This is why i keep it a secret! For people to not define me because of him! And that's exactly what you're doing! You're holding me accountable for stuff I haven't even done Harry. Why do you think I don't tell anyone? You have no idea how much remorse I feel for your parents, and everything he's ever done. It wasn't my fault. It was his. I haven't even met the man and HIS mistakes bring me down!" Elaine said full on crying.

Harry was screaming at her. So much. Nobody has seen Harry like this ever. "Ron was trying to calm him down. "Harry i think she's telling the truth" Ron said. "How could you be blinded! She's a master at charming! that's how you believe her. but not me. I won't fall for it this time" Harry kept saying.

Elaine was frustrated how nobody believed her. Only Ron. The twins also spoke up. "Harry Elaine isn't like that. She's the nicest person i've met" They said. Elaine gave them a quick smile.

"All of you are idiots if you believe her! I want you to leave. I will not put people i care about to risk their lives because of you" harry said.

Elaine was upset. "Harry come one, the girl is telling the truth" Ron tried to reason. "Leave" Harry said once again. "Ron it's alright. I should I leave" Elaine said grabbing her stuff.

Ron pulled her into an apologetic hug while the twins mouthed sorry. Ron and the twins believed her. That's all she needed.

Elaine grabbed her diary, and handed it to Harry. "Here. Hope this helps you understand I have no bad intentions" Elaine said. Molly wrapped her in a hug. "Thank you for staying with us Sweetie. I believe you. You are my daughter now. And i always belive my children. Harry's just a bit heated thats all"  Molly said.

"Thank you for letting me stay Molly. I had a wonderful time" Elaine said grabbing the floo powder. "Until later" She said catching a glimpse of Ron's sad face before she said. "Malfoy Manor" and disappeared in flames.