Chapter Twenty-One: Back Home

"Fred! George! Ron! Elaine! Ginny!" Elaine could hear from downstairs from Molly while she desperately rushed to put her last things in her suitcase.  She could hear Fred and George descending down the stairs, while Ron was gathering his stuff also.

"Coming!" Elaine screamed while zipping up her suitcase. She pulled her shorts down and said "Ron hurry". In that moment, Ron grabbed his suitcase along with hers, and started going down the stairs with her by her side.

"Hurry kids!" Molly said while pushing them out the door to the car. Ron was gathering the suitcases in the trunk, while Elaine tried walking out the door but was stopped by the pull of her sleeve.

"Happy birthday dear" Molly said handing her a medium sized box wrapped. "Thank you Molly" Elaine said indulging Molly into a hug.

"Thank you for being part of our family" Molly said while struggling to keep tears in. "Thank you for letting me be a part of it" Elaine said while Molly pulled her close once again.

After a while, Molly let her go and they all went into the car, while wishing Elaine a happy birthday.

***

"Hurry kiddos!" Molly said while they all walked through Kings Cross trying to not desperately miss the train. Ron hadn't given Elaine a present, yet which she was a bit bummed about but himself was enough. While for the twins, they gave her a couple prank gadgets which she appreciated.

Molly gave each of them a hug and wished them goodbye before they all went inside the train. The finally saw their compartment, where Harry and Hermione where waiting. "Harry! Mionie!" Elaine said indulging Hermione into a hug, then Harry while Ron stood there and said hello.

Ron gave Hermione a long stare, which Elaine noticed but decided to ignore it. "Ron?" She said to him snapping him out of his thoughts. "Oh yeah sorry i'll sit down" Ron said taking a seat next to Hermione.

Elaine was about to sit next to him, when he said "El.. looks like there's no more space since me and Hermione are already here". It made Elaines blood boil. It was her birthday. Her boyfriend. Why is he sitting next to Hermione. But non-less, she gave a slight smile and sat next to Harry.

"Oh happy birthday" Harry said giving Elaine another hug.

"Oh the present!" Elaine thought. she pulled out the box Molly gave her and opened it. It was a handmade sweater with the letter "E" in the middle. She absolutely loved it.

***

During the ride, Elaine was annoyed. Not only because anybody was barely talking to her, exept Harry. She was kind of annoyed. Ron seemed "touchy" with Hermione and she had to sit there and watch it all, but to not cause any trouble, she put on a smile.

During the ride, she heard Ron making some insensitive comment towards Slytherin house. She was slightly offended, not all of them were bad. He must have forgotten his girlfriend was in that "Terrible, Horrific house".

"Guys were almost there" Hermione said standing up. "We better get change into our robes". They all agreed to change into the restroom in the Gryffindor section. They all grabbed their robes and walked out of the compartment.

Ron immediately tried to hold Elaines hand, but she pulled it away. He looked at her in confusion and she didn't show any emotion. She then started walking the other way.

"Elaine the bathroom is this way" Ron said trying to lead her the other way. "Its fine the Gryffindor bathrooms are probably going to be crowded. I'll rather go to the Slytherin bathroom. I am one after all" Elaine said making a petty comment but she didn't care she ignored his calls and headed towards the Slytherin section.