Chapter Fifty- Seven: Escape

Elaine Riddle Perspective, June 30th, 1997

I've been reading this stupid book for an hour and I still can't find the will to calm my nerves. It's the afternoon, It's Dracos third day and i was getting worried he wouldn't wake up.

But right now, i felt guilty. Guilty i couldn't go help Harry and Dumbledore. I should be out there with them right now, helping them. But instead, im reading a stupid book.

Im extremely worried for them and my leg kept shaking the whole day. My jeans seemed to be suffocating me, and this shirt was being stubborn and itchy.

I had changed not long before this. I decided i had to leave Draco for a while, and that it was time for a shower. My wet hair coated my shirt and i tugged on my shirt for being so damn itchy.

As i moved, I noticed Draco's hand also move. I put my book down and focused my gaze on him. He was awakening.

"Draco..?" I said as he opened his eyes and readjusted his vision before lifting his torso. I didn't waste a minute as i wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

He seemed to hug me back, and that hug seemed to last forever. The time we were apart seemed to last forever. I missed his scent.

A few minutes of silenced passed, not a word exchanged.

"I'm sorry for being such an asshole.. I didn't mean any of that.. i was trying to protect you.." Draco said while i stood in silence.

"Protect me..?" i asked. Protect me from what..? Something deep in me already knew the answer.

Dracos gaze seemed to softened, and he took my hand in his. He looked up at me, he lifted my chin up to see his beautiful eyes.

"I can't lie to you anymore." Draco said to me and i think i had an idea where this was going. It didn't mean i was prepared tho.

"I'm- I'm-" Draco was struggling to get his words out, and i could see how hard this was for him.

I took his hand, looked at him in the eyes while my own eyes struggled to stay dry. "I know" I said smiling while tears spilled out my eyes.

His shoulders relaxed, and before i could process it, i felt his warm lips on mine. I missed his touch, his soft lips. Our lips moved together in sync, it was like i was feeling our love all over again.

This kiss was meaningful.

"I didn't have a choice" He said after pulling apart from me, he looked down.

"I understand Draco. I'm glad you're okey" I said while still grabbing onto his hand.

After a few moments of silence passed, it seemed he became startled when he looked out the window and saw the time of day.

"Draco what's wrong?"

"You need to leave" he said.

"What?"

"You have to flee. Something terrible is going to happen, and I don't want you here for it. I don't care where you go, you have to leave Hogwarts" Draco said to me. What was going to happen? why did he need me gone? I was beyond confused.

"I can't-" I wanted to say but was cut off by him.

"Please. It's the only way. You have a couple minutes." Draco said in a worried expression.

I knew i couldn't leave. I couldn't leave him. But he would never let me stay, and if i refused he would also refused whatever that was going to happen. I couldn't risk him getting hurt.

"Okey" I said looking down.

He stood up, and went closer to me and hugged me. After the hug, he leaned in for a kiss. This kiss lasted nearly seconds, but it seemed like a lifetime. He kissed me like.. it would be the last time.