Chapter Thirty Nine

"More than lovers,
Destined to find one another.
Like lightning and thunder,
Can't have one without the other.
It was written in the skies,
Oh, we can't be torn apart.
We're linked together."
- Jim Yosef & Anna Yvette (Linked Together)

• • •
Y'all, thank you for 47.5k reads and 8.38k votes.
I appreciate y'all. God bless you!❤️✨
• • •

•3rd Person P.O.V•

Demmie ran out of the hall to look for Demilade but it was really dark already. He brought out his phone from his pocket and switched on the flashlight. He walked round the hall searching for her, but didn't see her anywhere.

"Demilade!" He called as he walked to the class section to see if she was anywhere there, but she wasn't.

He walked back to the side of the hall and saw a female figure coming out. He turned his flashlight to the person and she exclaimed.

"Who is this one now?! Lower the light jor." Lydia exclaimed.

"Sorry. It's you." Demmie said as he walked up to her.

"Obviously. Have you seen her?" She asked him.

"Not yet. Still searching. I wonder where she'd have gone over that small period of time."

She sighed and said, "well, I'm going to the hostel. Jetemi said I should go look for her too and we should clear our misunderstanding."

"Really? Will she even listen to you? She even saw her kissing again."

"Not if I explain to her that nothing else was attached."

"I really hope she listens to you sha." He said with a look of concern.

"Yeah. But Demmie. . ." Lydia called.

"Yes?"

"What's going on? Why are you delaying this thing? The Demmie I know will ask the girl he likes out immediately. So what is wrong with you?"

Demmie sighed. "I don't know, for real. I'm just thinking this thing might affect my exam and all. I have to read and prepare well. Moreover, what's the essence of the relationship when after our V.S, that'll be the end of it."

"Guy, you have to live in the moment you're in. Leave the future as the mystery it is. See, in the future, you'd probably come to regret it that things should have gone well between you two if you had asked her out. And I know Demilade, she really likes you a lot to be honest. Plus about the exam thing, you can be studying with her. You know quite well that Demilade is a very brilliant girl."

Demmie giggled before replying. "Are you saying that because you don't want her to take Bomi from you?"

"Bomi is not even mine to begin with. We were both just annoyed and childish, that was why we said horrible things to each other the other day. But I know Demilade and we have our way of being friends again, it'll be fine. We won't let one Bomi boy to end things for us."

"You really are a good friend." Demmie said to her with a smile.

"Of course. I'm not like you nah."