Chapter Thirty Five

"HEY!
You gotta believe in what you are.
Get back on your feet and turn the fun.
You gotta believe in what you've got.
Never stop believing."
- Pop Talk (Never Stop Believing).

• • •

"Announcement in this place oh! Maths teacher is waiting for us in SSS3B cause me I don't know how many minutes you people want to use to eat ordinary bread and tea." Rachel announced.

"And egg, Ode." Flourish said and almost everyone laughed. It wasn't funny to me so I saw no reason why they laughed.

I swallowed the last piece of bread with me and stood up with my plate and cup. Lydia and Jetemi also packed their plates and cups and we walked out of the dining together with Rachel.

"That Flourish girl, me and her in this school." Rachel said with an annoyed expression on her face.

"She's very rude, I don't know what's wrong with her." Lydia replied.

"And she doesn't want to do any work in the hostel too. I wonder why her life is even like that." Jetemi added with a look of disgust. I smiled but didn't say a word.

Flourish is the social prefect girl of Great Leaders. She was the girl who told Demmie to say his post on the first day they came. Ever since then, she had been acting all bossy. She'd always ignore Lydia, Rachel, Jetemi and I's greetings whenever we greeted her. When I realized she's a snub, I stopped greeting her and so did the other girls. Ever since we stopped greeting her and we walk pass each other in the school premises, she'd go to class and tell her group of friends that we're snubs. The rumour passed easily and we heard about it. We didn't make any move to clear ourselves though, we let the rumour keep moving. I won't but say she's a very beautiful girl. She's fair in complexion and a bit skinny. She dresses well all the time and our school uniform fits her perfectly. She also always looks neat, though I'm only talking from her appearances in school and during school hours.

I resumed to the hostel on Thursday. Jetemi and Lydia were so happy and excited to see me. They took me to the notice board to check which room I was placed. I was in Blue House A. They helped carry my bag and took me to my room. It had five bunks which means the room has ten occupants. Fortunately for me, Rachel, Jetemi and Lydia were also in the same room as me. The other six are girls from Great Leaders.

Back to the present, we entered SSS3B and the place was noisy as usual. Our Maths teacher stood in one corner of the class staring at how disorganized everywhere and everyone was. The three of us went to our seats that we placed in front of the class while Rachel went somewhere at the back where she placed her seat. We sat down and waited for a while before the rest came in and the teacher started the class.

Thirty minutes into the class, Principal walked in. We greeted him and we sat down. He looked around like he was counting the number of people in class.

When he was done, he turned to face our Maths teacher. "What is going on here?" He asked him.

"We're having a Maths class. They have Maths next Friday." Our Maths replied with an 'isn't it obvious' look on his face.

"Half of your students are not even here! When half of The Empires students whom you recognize so well aren't here, how will you even know when students from Great Leaders that you barely recognize are not present either?" As he said that, everyone started looking around the class and truly, half of our classmates weren't there including the senior boy. Wait, it wasn't the senior boy alone, there's no male student inside this class!