Chapter Eighteen

Okay😹 A very big shout-out to my friend, oluwaseuna for disturbing my precious holiday, telling me to update😊 Thanks dear🤭🥰 To all our ghost readers out there, this is for you, most especially; avansvicky. Thank you so much for voicing out your thoughts about this book after being a ghoster all these while😹❤️ It means alot. Thank you and God bless you all🥺❤️

_______

"And if you feel you're sinking,
I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you.
And although time may take us into different places,
I will still be patient with you.
And I hope you know,
I won't let go."
- Justin Bieber & Major Lazer.
--------

As expected, Lydia didn't reply me when I greeted her the next morning. Jetemi simply said hi. Well, they made it seem like I'm the villain now. How do I even want to explain to them that the hug was an innocent one when they already had me in mind before? Well, I don't plan to explain myself anyway.

In front of me is my Physics note from S.S.S. 1. I was doing a revision because of the quiz we have this afternoon. Thomas also was on his seat reading. The class was silent as usual, because most of my classmates were out of class. God knows where they always go.

Minutes later, I saw Daniel walk into the class. He greeted Thomas as he entered and he walked towards me. I focused more on the book in front of me, because I was feeling inconvenient already. Since the other day, we haven't talked. Somehow, I felt guilty about everything but it's all happening so fast that I have no time to even apologize.

"Aramide." He said as he stood in front of my table, his hands in his trouser pocket.

"Daniel" I replied, facing him with a little smile on my face.

"This one you're always reading yii"

"I have quiz this afternoon nah. Moreover, JAMB starts in two weeks."

"You and Thomas, set awon serious student geng."

"Mafor" I replied, laughing a bit. He drew Jetemi's chair closer and he sat on it, facing me.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say.

"For..?" Even though I knew, I still wanted to know exactly why he's apologizing.

"What happened the other day. You got me annoyed ni nah. You know me normally, I don't talk like that."

"Uhhhhh, shey you. It's alright sha. I'm sorry for the things I said too."

"It's fine." He said, giving me a small smile. Since that's all, I thought he was going to stand up but still, he sat there staring at me.

"What nah? Ain't you going to your class ni?"

"I sent Lydia to you. Did she deliver my message?"

"Lydia ke? No.. she hasn't. What's that?"

"Uhm.." He scratched the back of his head.

Okay, why do I feel nervous?

"I really like you. I don't know... Lydia said you like me back. So, I was thinking..."

"Cut abeg. She said kinni?"

"That... You like me back? Isn't it true?"

I was kind of shocked. Why is Lydia doing all these nah? How many guys do I even want to like? She told Jared, she told Daniel too. Doesn't she know they're best friends?