Chapter Thirty Four

"I know the feeling like you'll never win.
Your heart's in the washer, your head's in the spin.
You try and you try, but you can't catch a break.
But sometimes believing is all that it takes."
- Magical Thinker (You know it's about you).
___

"They're here! They're here!" Someone shouted. I raised my head from my locker and looked towards the door. It was EBA who just ran in shouting. Everyone else in the hall were also looking at the door.

"Ehh! See as all of them looked at me, it's April fool oh." EBA shouted as he started laughing. People hissed and some insulted him.

April fool in mid April? O ga, it's good to have sense in this life.

"EBA, I swear, you don't have sense." Someone said.

"And he'll think it's funny." Another person replied. Soon, everyone began to scold EBA and he also tried defending himself that he was only joking as I laid my head back on my locker.

Proprietor told us the students from Great Leaders would arrive today. Everyone has been eager to see them since morning. Most of my classmates have resumed to the hostel including Lydia, Rachel and Jetemi. As for me, I should have resumed but I fell really ill two days to my resumption. Due to this, my dad said I should stay home for about a week more, until I'm fine. My mum kept saying it's a sign that I'm already missing home.

I have an injection to take by 1pm. So, my dad should be in school probably by 12 or some minutes to 1pm. After the injection, I'll return to school.

"Demilade." Someone called and I recognised the voice as Jetemi's.

"Uhn?" I replied, raising my head.

"How's your health?"

"I'm better now. Thank you."

"Thank God. Ehm, just wanted to tell you Aunty Tilly is around and if you're fit–"

"Wait, wait. Aunty Tilly has resumed? Are you serious?" I questioned her eagerly as I sprang up from my seat.

"Yes nah. Are you that anxious to see her?" She asked.

"Omo. I've really missed her oh. Plus I want to see her baby. Have you gone to meet her? Is her baby a male or female?" I asked Jetemi anxiously.

"Calm down, Demi. She's sort of sad at the moment."

"Sad? Why? Plus why has she resumed this early? I thought she was supposed to be on leave for about a month or two?" I asked.

"She came because of the students joining us today. You know she's the registrar. It wouldn't make sense when they ask for the registrar and she's absent."

"Ohh. But why is she sad?"

"Ah!  You ask too many questions. When you see her, you'll ask her yourself."

"Sorry jor ah. I'm just curious." I said. "So, are you less busy now so that we can go now?"

"Yes, let's go. Though, I'm looking for Lydia. I don't know where she is." Jetemi replied, looking around the hall.

"Guys!" Rachel exclaimed as she walked to us.

"Rachel." Jetemi and I replied.

"Do you guys know Aunty Tilly is back?" She asked.

"Yes, I just came to tell Demilade." Jetemi replied.

"Eh. So when are we going to meet her?" Rachel asked.