Chapter Forty Two

I know my apologies don't count, so I'll leave it be. I resumed school and work didn't let me have time at all, plus some mental issues matter I had to face. I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting. Please, try to understand.

• • •

"When your nightmares turn to real life,
And the ground's filled up with landmines,
We will face it standing side by side."
- Besomorph, Arcando & Neoni (Army)

• • •

•Bomi's P.O.V•

I was laying on my bed, trying to sleep when our room door opened and someone walked in. I looked towards the direction of the person to see it was Demola that just walked in. He passed my head and used his palm to nudge me a bit.

"Guy," he said.

"How far?" I simply replied.

"I dey jor. Why are you on your bed? Everything okay?"

"Just tired a little jor but everything's fine," I replied and he nodded before walking towards his bunk. I turned on my bed, my back facing the room while my face was to the wall. I was about sleeping when I heard Demola talk.

"Guy, nah something else I meet for there oh," Demola said to whoever he was talking to.

"What happened?" The person with him replied.

"She likes someone else jor," Demola said.

"Ife likes someone else? Who?"

I grew more attentive when I heard the name 'Ife'. Of all the students in GL and TEC, my twin sister was the only girl with that name, so that literally meant they were discussing about her.

"Yes, but that's not even the main point. The thing is that she confessed to me that she likes me," I heard Demola say.

What? Ife told Demola she likes him?

"What?! Ifeoluwa likes you?!" The other person exclaimed. I turned my head a bit to see who the person was, before turning back my head. It was Ramos he was talking to.

"Calm down, guy. I simply told her we can't work out and that she knows I'm with Demilade. But I didn't bother to tell her about your feelings for her sha."

Ramos likes my sister?

Ramos sighed and replied him. "Thank you, guy."

"No qualms nah. But hope you're okay?"

"I'm good nah, but I'll continue to try my chance with her though," Ramos replied. "But wetin she talk after you rejected her?"

"Uh, she talk say she go try to take me away from Demilade."

"Omo, for her to say that, she likes you badly oh."

"See, die the thought."

Hearing this, I stood up from my bed, wore my slippers and stormed out of the room, closing the door behind me. I headed to the hall and walked in. I looked around for Ife and didn't see her anywhere. I turned to walk out of the hall and I walked into Demilade and Jetemi.