Chapter Forty

Day 366 of 366:
"Thank you, next."
- Ariana Grande (Thank you, next).

• • •
This is an appreciation chapter. Thank you, S.S.S. 3 AGAIN family. I remember starting 2020 with about 3k reads and few votes. Look how far we've come, everyone.🥺 I faced a lot of challenges in the last year but I had a few best things I ever got in life last year, like true friends and important life lessons.
You guys are one of the best things that happened to me last year and I'm glad y'all are still here to encourage me on my journey. Thank you and God bless you all. I appreciate the love. May your joy know no bounds.✨
Happy New Gregorian Year, babies❤️✨
May we achieve greater things alone and together this year, Insha'Allah. Amin✨

Guess whose P.O.V you're about to read?
You no fit guess because I write the unexpected😹😭
• • •

Ifeoluwa Adams' P.O.V•
(A/N: E choke?😹😹🤲🏾)

The hall was quiet. Of course, it should, because we were in the exam hall. Not just any exam but WAEC exam. Not just any WAEC exam paper but Mathematics WAEC exam.

Our supervisor was in front of the hall, sitting on a chair and staring at us from there. I looked around the hall to see both my school students and The Empires College students. Some placed their heads on their tables while others were talking to their friends through signs.

It's been three hours since we started the exam. Paper two, which is the theory part, was the first paper we did. We were to start the objective part by 2pm. We had about thirty minutes more for this one to be over. I wasn't sure because we were told not to wear wristwatches into the hall. We were even searched before entering the exam hall.

Almost, if not everyone were probably done with their theory. The Empires College maths teacher was allowed to come in and he shared answers with everyone. Almost everyone collected expos from him except for few people from science class in the Empires College. Thomas, Demilade, Jetemi and Lydia's seats were close, so they were able to share their answers with one another. Their Maths teacher didn't bother giving them expos too.

The woman suddenly stood up and walked closer to us. "Are you all done?"

"Yes!" We all chorused.

"Alright. I'll be collecting your papers now." She said and moved closer to us. "001," she called and the person with the number replied. She began to collect the papers one after the other till she collected everybody's. She then went to her seat and put the papers in an envelope, sealed it and placed it inside the green WAEC bag she brought with her. She locked the bag and gave the registrar - who was beside her - the key. She then carried the bag and her other things and walked out of the hall, the registrar following her behind.

Immediately they walked out, the hall scattered as everyone stood up and started shouting. I looked around the hall for my bestfriend, Flourish and I sighted her somewhere on the other side of the hall, where her seat was placed. I was about standing up to go meet her when I heard my brother talking to someone behind me. I turned to see who it was and I smiled. It was Demola, whom his classmates and friends call Demmie.

Since we resumed, I've had a thing for him. I told Flourish about it and she told me to make enquiries as to whether he has a girlfriend or not, so as to know whether or not to make a move on him. I kind of heard from some of their girls that something was between Demmie and Demilade. I then made enquiries on who Demilade was, and I made friends with her. With time, I realised they were just having a thing for each other but not actually dating. I also got to know there was like a love triangle between him, Demilade and Lydia.