Chapter Twenty Eight

"Although I guess if I knew tomorrow,
I guess I wouldn't need faith.
I guess if I never fell, I guess I wouldn't need grace.
I guess if I knew His plans, I guess He wouldn't be God.
So maybe I don't know."
- Jon Bellion.

• • •

Our Physics supervisor sealed our exams paper in the WAEC envelope and put it in the green WAEC back and padlocked it. Aunty Derin gave him biscuits, a bottle of drink and a bottled water. Rachel and I collected his bags and we helped him carry it to his car.

"Thank you very much." He said to us when we gave him his bags as he got to his car.

"You're welcome sir. Have a nice day." Rachel and I said and we walked back inside the school. Rachel kept checking the time on her wristwatch so I had to ask her if everything was okay or if she's going somewhere.

"Are you going out ni? Abi why do you keep checking the time?" I asked her.

"Kind of. I'm going to Covenant Secondary School to see someone." Rachel said.

"Ah. Okay oh." I said and we walked back to the lab. Our classmates already cleared the apparatuses we used and arranged the place. Till this Friday, science students are free. We have two days in between to prepare for our Biology practical which is on Friday. Thank God.

When we were done, we all carried our bags and walked to the hall. Aunty Tosin was holding a class with the Art students. She's their CRK teacher, so apparently, she's teaching them CRK. We entered the hall and went to our seats quietly so we won't disturb her. Our guys dropped their bags and walked out of the class to the field. Rachel carried her bag and left the hall, probably it was time to go where she wanted to go. Biola put her head on her locker and began to sleep, while Glory followed the guys to the field. Left in the hall with the B class students are Lydia, Jetemi, Sarah and I.

Sarah was reading a book. Lydia and Jetemi were discussing while I brought out biscuit from my bag and started eating. I later dragged my chair to where Lydia and Jetemi were seated to join in their discussion.

"But, it doesn't make sense. I wonder how this school will be when our set leaves." Lydia said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Master Akintunde came to announce that they have a competition next week and instead of him to call the participants from S.S.S. 2 and below, he still came to choose from S.S.S. 3. So, if we leave, will he come to their houses to come and hire them to represent the school?" Jetemi said.

"Which competition again?"

"Our athletes are to run for the school. Football team too are going to play football. Our basketball team too are going for basketball iish, the same day oh." Lydia said.

"The same day ke?  But ain't there people that will run and also play football?" I asked.

"I don't know for them oh. The main athletes in our set are Daniel, Adedotun, Demmie, Animasaun, Joseph and Fiyin. For the girls, Rachel, Ella, Adeola, Joy and Glory. These same people have exams ehn and it's all our guys that are on the football team." Lydia said.

"They will train the juniors after you guys leave since they don't have any choice again." I replied and we continued discussing. They were still discussing when I stood up and returned to my seat. I brought out my Phone from my bag and plugged in my earpiece and put it in my ears and started playing songs. About five minutes later, someone tapped me and I looked up to see Jared. I ignored him and continued what I was doing. Seeing that I didn't answer, he removed the left ear of my earpiece.