Chapter Seventeen

"I chased your love around a figure 8
I need you more than I can take
You promised forever and a day
And then you take it all away."
- Ellie Goulding.
----------

I really don't understand how our timetable was set anymore. We have Chemistry almost every single day. Right now, Mr. Mayowa is in class again. He's discussing with someone by the door though. My classmates were also discussing and making noise. Since yesterday, Lydia and I haven't talked. I greeted her this morning anyway and she answered. That was all. Same with Jetemi. That's not what matters now anyway.

Right now, what matters is that I have a very deadly stomach pain and I'm crying already. My head is on my locker and my hands on my stomach. Nobody knew I was in pain because no one could see my face. I have unzipped my skirt halfway to free my stomach, maybe it can help reduce the pains but sadly, it had no effect.

When the pain was unbearable for me, I suddenly stood up and walked briskly out of the class. I didn't even know if anyone called my name because I've shut everyone out already. All I can focus on right now is the pain I'm feeling.

I walked to B class to meet Favour. A teacher was teaching them so I stayed outside and called her through the window. I couldn't even talk. Immediately she saw that I was crying, she quickly excused herself from the class to attend to me outside.

"Demilade, what's wrong?" She asked, touching me a little on my shoulder, looking concerned.

"My.. my stomach. It's like.. like..." I couldn't talk clearly cause I was crying profusely.

"Okay, okay. Let me get the Sick bay key from Aunt Tosin. Please, wait for me here, okay?" She said and jogged off.

I sat on the railing, still crying and holding my stomach. It was like the pains were increasing. I couldn't control it anymore. I felt like I'm going to die.

"What's wrong?" I heard the Vice Principal's voice. I guess he was walking around to check the classes on that block, when he saw me.

"My stomach." That was all I could say. I couldn't even look at his face. I just sat still, holding my stomach and crying.

"Have you called the Health prefect to take you to the Sick bay?"

"Yes. She went to get the key." I managed to say.

"Sorry dear." He patted my back and touched my stomach too. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes. Immediately I was done eating, I started feeling pains in my stomach."

"Ulcer patient?"

"No, sir."

Favour arrived with Aunt Derin at that moment. She was holding a key, which I guess is the Sick bay key.

"Demilade, sorry. Aunt Tosin isn't around today. So, I'll take you to the Sick bay instead." She said.

Favour held my left arm while Aunt Derin held my right arm as we walked slowly and carefully to the Sick bay. Those that met us on the way kept saying 'sorry'.

Entering the Sick bay, Favour quickly laid the bed and I laid down on it immediately. I removed my jacket and flew out my shirt. I unbottened the shirt too and unzipped my skirt completely.

"Should I call daddy?" Aunt Derin asked me.

"No, ma. I'll be fine." I simply said. She said sorry again and walked out, leaving Favour and I. Minutes later, I slept off.

• • •

I was hearing sounds like a door was being opened or locked from outside. The sound was the one that woke me up. I realized I was still in the Sick bay. The pains I felt before were gone by now.