Chapter Twenty Five

"What if who I hope to be was always Me?
And the love I fought to feel was always free?
What if all the things I've done,

Were just attempts at earning love,
'Cause the hole inside my heart is stupid deep.
What if where I've tried to go was always here?
And the path I've tried to cut was always clear?
Why has life become a plan,
To put some money in my hands?
When the love I really need is stupid cheap."
- Jon Bellion.

___

Like a flash, WAEC is here! Today is Wednesday, April 3rd, the day of my first paper. Most of my classmates were nervous. The fact that I've been through it before didn't make me nervous at all. I didn't come to school yesterday so, I didn't know whatever happened in school.

After Demmie left on Monday evening, I sat on the Field crying. After about thirty minutes, the guys returned from game house with some of the girls. I was surprised to see them, only to find out that they came back to pour water on Lilian since it's her birthday.

They really wasted water from the school tap to wet Lilian. Thank God she was a boarding house student or else, I don't know how she would have gone home drenched. After having fun with her for awhile, Aunt Tosin came to chase all of them home while I waited for my bus at the school gate. Not long after, it arrived and I went home.

Yes! It's today, the day we've been waiting for. Preparing hard for this practical hasn't been easy at all. I really hope everything goes out well.

Lydia and Jetemi asked why I didn't come to school the day before and I told them I just wanted to rest at home. I asked if anything serious happened and they said no.

All A class student sat in the hall. Everyone were in their correct uniform, and everyone looked neater than usual. We were reading our series and talking in between when one of the Vice Principals entered  and told us to move to the Lab immediately. He said our supervisor is around. I checked the time, it's just 8:30, and exams are to start by 9 o clock. Oh well, we all took our bags and walked towards the Lab.

When we got there, we were told to drop our bags outside, in front of the Lab. The Vice Principal that came to call us brought out a large book and opened it. We sited our Supervisor coming from the school gate with her handbag and a padlocked green sac-like bag. Since I've done WAEC once, I knew that was the bag they collected from the WAEC office, where exam questions are placed and all that.

Rachel and Lydia jugged to the woman and collected the two bags from her after greeting her. The three of them walked towards us and we all greeted her and she exchanged greetings with the registrar. We were all trying to give a good impression. The registrar followed her in. As soon as Rachel and Lydia dropped the bags on the teacher's slab in the Lab, they came out.

Soon, the registrar came back out and shared our examination cards and WAEC calculators to us. Then, he began to call us according to the list in the book with him. We entered one after the other and sat according to how we we were called in. Soon, we were all in.

"Good morning." Our supervisor said to us, standing by the teacher's slab.

"Good morning, ma!" We chorused.

"I'm very sure your Principal should have told you or you yourselves should have learnt of how this exam goes. As soon as it is 9, I'll share your exam questions to you. If you're here with any working sheet or paper, please, stand up and come drop it here now. You're expected to do all your workings in the spaces provided for you in your exam paper, not on any other paper. So if you're caught with any other paper, I might as well collect your script. That means you're done for today." She said and paused a bit. Some of us murmured as she stared at us a bit and then, continued.