Chapter Twelve

"I pray that whoever reads this, God heals whatever is hurting you, even the ones you don't talk about."
- Taofeeqah.
____

"Gosh! Why didn't you tell me?" I asked Lydia, after hugging her for about 20 minutes in tears.

"I was scared. And it was during the holiday. You didn't come for holiday lesson."

"Oh well... It's okay. Hope that's the only thing that happened?"

"We kissed about two different times and when I noticed his hands had started to shift from my shoulder to my... Yeah, you get that?" I nodded. She was obviously referring to her bust and other parts of her body. "... I stopped the kiss."

"Geez. That's okay though. Now, it's left to you to get over those feelings you have for him."

"Of course... I definitely can't continue falling for someone who played me."

"Okay." I simply said. Just then, the door of the dining room was opened from outside and Ramos walked in. I just stared at him without a word and Lydia did the same thing, as he walked towards us. I guess he noticed our eyes were red, due to the fact that we just cried.

"What happened to both of you?"

I still didn't say a word, and neither did Lydia but we kept glaring at him.

"You guys can't talk ni?"

Still no reply.

"Demilade, what happened?"

"Just excuse us. We're discussing." I said coldly.

"So that's why your eyes are red abi. E pele oh."

"Excuse us seh." Lydia, who has been quiet all along, said.

"I'm already going. Just wanted to tell you that Jetemi and Glory have been searching for both of you." With that, he turned and walked towards the door.

"And don't tell them we're here. When we leave here, they'll see us." I said to him as he nodded without looking back, then walked out, closing the door behind him. We continued our discussion for some minutes and later left the dining. The girls shouted and asked where we've been and we just told them we were discussing in the dining, as we headed home.
.
.
.
My weekend didn't go well as I was just moody and all. Things went by quickly and we resumed on Monday. The school management keep telling us to prepare well for our WAEC exams, that it'll be coming soon, latest by April. Our Jamb registration will also start soon. Exams are really at my doorstep and I have to focus since that's my main reason of being here.

Back to school, back to work, back to problems again. I was writing a note on my locker, since all my other classmates have gone to the Computer lab for Computer. Just Biola and I are not offering Computer, so I preferred to stay in class to design. Yeah, I love designing and lettering and other calligraphy stuffs.

Just then, I heard shouts and I just stood up a bit and looked outside. People were looking out from their class windows. Some even walked to the corridors to stare.

What's going on?

Well, I didn't really care though. So, I sat on my chair again and continued my design. Just then, our guys and other computer students walked into the class arguing.

"Hey! She's from British... Aye mi ooh!" Dami said as the other guys laughed.

"That was not what I said. I said she's British." Lydia said back to them. They were obviously arguing again.