Chapter Twenty One

This is for mabby_L. Thank you so much for all your support since I started writing. She was the main inspiration that made me write and publish this book here. I love you, B❤️

°

° °

"Don't you worry, don't you worry child.
See heaven's got a plan for you."
- Swedish House Mafia.

• • •

Today is a Monday, but not just any Monday. Today is the spelling bee competition to choose who'll represent the school and the best of all? It's my birthday today!

I slept early yesternight but by 12AM, I was woken up by my elder brother who poured a bottle of wine on my body. I couldn't even do anything. He sang the 'happy birthday' song for me and then, he left for my room. I got up to clean myself up. I decided to branch the dining room to drink a little water before returning to bed. As I walked into the sitting room, the lights went on, I was stunned!

Lo and behold was my dad, mum, my eldest brother who poured wine on me some minutes back; Bro Oriire. My other brother was in school. They sang me the 'happy birthday' song and as expected, Mum and Dad prayed for me. While praying, Mum cried. It's a normal thing every year. She's always really emotional on my birthday, because she gave birth to me with a CS, so she's always thanking God for keeping both of us alive. After all that, everyone went to bed.

After getting prepared for school in the morning, I entered the second sitting room to see a well decorated cake. Designed on it was 'Our Baby is 16'. There were about 12 cupcakes beside it too. Drinks were also arranged beside the Cake. I smiled and went to my room to take my Phone. I took pictures of the cake. I was almost done with the pictures when my brother walked in. He decided to take pictures of me and my cake. After about 120 pictures or more, he returned my phone and I also went to do something else.

When I was done preparing for school, I announced that I was leaving home. Dad told me he was going to drive me to school, so I should wait. I dropped my bag on the chair and went to my room. When he was done preparing for his place of work, he called everyone to the sitting room. We took pictures and I cut my cake. We shared everything and the drinks also. I took about 6 drinks with me because of Lydia, Jetemi, Lilian and any other person I might want to give birthday stuff. I wrapped half of my share of the cake and cupcakes in a box and placed it in my bag. The other half, I wrapped it in a nylon and dropped it on my table in the room.

Mr. Idowu; Daddy's official driver was the one that drove me to school, with Dad sitting in the owner's corner. When he dropped me off at the school gate, I waved to him and watched the car zoom off before I left for the hall.

We've now turned the hall to our new class, since our WAEC starts next week. I entered the hall and Lilian called me from the Podium.

"Demilade!!! Happy birthday, baby!" She screamed.

"Awwwwn." I cooed from where I was and smiled at her, though she can't see my face clearly since she was far from where I stood.

Someone hugged me from the back. I turned to see it was Lydia.

"Happy birthday, twin sis! Thanks for being you. Thanks for everything you do. I love you." She said and hugged me again. I hugged her back, smiling.

"Thanks a lot."

As we walked further into the hall, people greeted me and wished me happy birthday. I kept thanking people here and there as they wished me. Finally, Lydia and I got to where Jetemi was seated and we sat down together.