Chapter Twenty Two

Someday, I want to be great and well-known as a famous writer but then, it all starts somewhere. I was checking through a profile, when I suddenly saw hers. Thank you, itz_leeyah, for making me and every other person who checks your bio  know I was one of those that inspired you to start writing. I never expected it and it means a lot🥺❤️

° ° °

"I don't care if I don't look pretty.
Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking."
- Sia.

• • •

I still couldn't process everything that happened back in class but all I know is that it made me moody all day. I shared the cakes and drinks I brought from home to people who deserved it. My friends gave me birthday gifts too and some juniors.

Today is Wednesday and we're all in the lab. We've been here since we got to school today. We had our Physics practical class first and now, we're having our Chemistry practical class.

I was on the second table with my group members; Demmie, Biola, Dami, Emmanuel, Dayo and Sarah. We were all working hand to hand. I'm glad they actually cooperated. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

"Good afternoon, sir." A junior boy who just entered the lab said to our Chemistry teacher.

"Good afternoon." He replied.

"Sir, Principal said Senior Demilade, Senior Demola, Senior Sarah and Senior Lydia should see him in his office after they're done with their class."

"Alright." Mr. Mayowa said as the junior student ran out immediately. "What did you people do?" He asked, facing us.

"We don't know ohhh." Demmie said.

"It can't be more than spelling bee." Sarah said.

"Ooh, that's true sef." I said.

"It's okay oh! Continue your work and no noise!" Mr. Mayowa said, banging his hands on his table.

We continued our practical class and after about an hour, we were done. After arranging the lab, Sarah, Lydia, Demmie and I walked to the Principal's office. Thomas decided to follow us to know what the principal wanted to say.

Aunt Tilly saw us going to the principal's office and called us. The guys grumbled and hissed while we laughed. We all entered her office. We greeted her and the guys reluctantly greeted her too.

"Where are you people going?"

"Principal is calling us." Thomas said.

"For what?" She asked.

"We don't know, ma. That's what we want to go see him for." Demmie said.

"Abi it's you people that are going for the spelling bee competition?" She said.

"Yes. Something like that." Lydia replied.

Facing Lydia, she said. "Okay. You, Jetemi and Demilade should come and meet me after you're done there oh."

"Ahh. Ma please we're busy. We still have practicals and all that." Lydia said, scratching the back of her neck.

That was a lie though, but because we didn't want to work. I bought the lie too.

"Okay oh. You can go." She said. We all walked out and headed towards the Principal's office.

"This Aunty will just be using you people like her slaves." Demmie said and hissed.