Chapter Ten

Dedicated to Myself💙 It's my month, lovers. I'm finally gonna be a year older.😍

"You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
Nothing's gonna hurt you the way that words do
And they settle 'neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you
Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave."
- Sara Bareilles.
---------

Hello, Monday.

Oh well, it's another Monday in Empires' College. In case you care to know, our exams start next week and I'm damn happy and prepared. Today was just dry as all Mondays are and thank goodness, Demmie and Lydia seem to be back to normal now.

They talked to each other times without number and she's no more dull like last week. Me? Oh well, Demmie and I haven't said a word to each other since today. As for me, I know why I didn't talk to him, but for him? I know not why he didn't talk to me.

"Barb this your hair." Someone touched my hair from the back, while I was on my seat. I turned back to see Ramos.

Ramos is a close friend to Demmie He is also Lydia's male best friend and also my family friend. I didn't know he was my family friend until he told me. Then, he described his Dad for me, that was when I recalled. His parents are good friends of my parents. He is very tall and has a nice stature. He's dark-skinned and always neat. He likes fashion alot and he does Shakara alot. Even Aunt Tilly says it lots of times that he does Shakara, just to attract girls. He sits directly behind me in class, and we're also good friends.

"Awe jor. I'll barb it tomorrow." There is a public holiday tomorrow and everyone isn't supposed to be in school. Well, everyone except S.S.S 3 students. We are to all come to school tomorrow in mufti for lesson. That was said by the Proprietor, which I know very well that I won't attend. Why? No one to bring me.

"We have lesson tomorrow. Hope you know sha?"

"Ehn, as if you do see me in Saturday or any holiday lessons." I said to him as he poked my head and mouthed a 'naughty girl', which just made me smile.

We are allowed to make hair in our school though, as 90% of the girls make their hair. One reason I'm not making mine is because back then in Trailblazers High, girls are to be on low cut and hair making is forbidden. So, after graduation and I got to know I'll still come back to have my S.S.S. 3 here, I didn't bother making it. Though, most of my classmates are disturbing me already to start making it.

The Geography teacher entered for the afternoon class. All students have gone home already, except the S.S.S. 3 students. I wasn't offering Geography though, but I decided to stay in school to play till 5PM, and then wait till the bus will come to take me home. If I'm asked why I didn't go with my normal school bus by the general closing time; 3PM, I'll tell the teacher that I didn't know it was Geography we were gonna have that evening. Yeah, I'm a liar, everyone is, duh!

"If you're not offering Geography, excuse us." The Geography teacher said. I was expecting that already so I just stood up from my chair, zipped up my bag and walked out of the class with Lydia's Oxford Dictionary. I guess I'll have to go to the table tennis court, to stay with the guys and watch them, while reading the dictionary.

Getting to the class corridor, Ramos, Dami, Demmie, Biola and many others who ain't offering Geography were there. Jetemi and Lydia were both offering Geography so they were in class. I stayed with the others in the corridor and someone touched my hair again.