Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Hey guys, hope y'all have been good😊? I've missed you guys🥺🤭 I'm really sorry for the delay in the updating of this book. A lot of things came up, and I'm still sorting lots of things out. Thanks for understanding😩 I love you all🥰 Can you quickly vote before you start reading, please🥺? That's the joy and my only reward for updating. So please, do vote. It means alot❤️
____

"I just wanna be part of your symphony.
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony.
Like a love song on the radio,
Will you hold me tight and not let go?"
- Clean Bandit & Zara Larsson.
---------

Midterm is here and it's gone like a flash. Last Thursday was Valentine's day, as all A class girls wore a touch of red for lesson. Immediately dad dropped me, Proprietor saw me and told me I looked humble and he loves my cloth. I thanked him with a smile as I went to class. During the lesson break, Rachel and I took pictures, with Lydia as the one behind the camera, when we went to Jetemi's house.

Friday was also nothing much, but it was a funny day to remember. Our Chemistry teacher, Mr. Mayowa, had invited his friend and colleague who also teaches Chemistry in some other school named White Hearts. I can bet you, White Hearts can buy so many schools in this state. The school is one of the richest and most expensive in the state. He called the man "God of Chemistry."

We were about to escape the class because we knew the Chemistry class was going to be a bore, when Mr Mayowa met us halfway and he told us to go back.

What actually surprised me was that, the man (God of Chemistry) speaks like an English teacher. You know what I mean? His English is damn fluent and he speaks with some touch of phonetics, which made it kind of unique from others.

The funny part was, while our Chemistry teacher was teaching, he kept throwing bullets (grammatical blunders) which just made us laugh continously. Believe me, he's a disgrace to his colleague.

Today is a Monday and from the way I see things, this week was going to be the culture/Yoruba day. In most schools, if not all, Yoruba day is celebrated by the wearing of our native clothes to school that very day. Then, each school decides the activities they perform.

Jetemi and Lydia made me know that here in The Empires College, they dance from the school hall, outside the gate and around the four walls of the school, outside it's compound. Being a popular school, TVs do come to take the pictures of the dancing students and all.

Right now, all A class students were in the Library, as we closed the door and opened the windows so we won't suffocate. We actually closed the door so that no other student from any other class would come in. We were about to solve the issues of Rachel's letter. After a week, she still hasn't confessed that she wrote it. Then, our guys decided to make her confess.

"I can't beat around the bush oh. I'll have to say the fact. Rachel, you wrote this letter." Emmanuel said, standing up.

"Alaye, calm down nah." Israel, our class captain said, as Emmanuel sat down.

"Normally, that's the fact. Rachel, just admit that you wrote it. This is obviously your writing and you're still denying it. Why do you always lie like this ehn? It's too much, honestly." Dami added.

"Wait. Rachel, what do you have to say on this matter?"

"My sister has told me to accept so I sure would... "

"This is not the matter of accepting. It's the matter of you confessing that you wrote the letter. Stop acting all innocent. Be truthful for once! Just for once! Since J.S.S. 1, I've noticed it. You lie alot oh."