Chapter Seven

"Birds don't just fly, they fall down and get up.
Nobody learns without getting it wrong.
I won't give up, no I won't give in
Till I reach the end and then I'll start again.
No I won't leave, I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail."
- Shakira.
---

"Rachel, I think Demmie is actually giving me attention."

"You're just telling me? I know almost everything going on." Rachel replied.

"I'm so confused."

"Why? I thought you liked him?"

"Yes but I made a decision to let go of the feelings since he likes Lydia. There's more probability he ends up with her."

"That's true. So, what do you want to do?"

"I guess I need to try hard to let go of the feelings so I won't get hurt if they finally come together."

"Awwn! Strong girl is talking!" She teased as she nudged me.

"Stop whining me jor. It's easier said than done."

"Just take care so you won't get hurt, okay?"

"Thank you." I said to her as we walked towards the class.

• • •

Just as Demmie and I started getting along, my friendship with Lydia started getting shattered. Could it be because of. . .? Well, it's not good to jump into conclusions.

It wasa cool Wednesday. I and some others were already in class for the morning lecture. Aunt Tilly was the one to teach us Biology that morning. I walked towards the door to check if our teacher was on her way. On my way out, Demmie was about coming in. He walked in and I pretended like I didn't see him. I wonder why we always had to barge into each other by door.

"So won't you greet me?" He said to me.

"Why should I?" I replied smiling. He can't greet me but expects me to greet him, I thought.

I walked out and was about going to the other class when someone announced that Aunt Tilly was around already and was on her way here. I rolled my eyes and walked back inside the class. Sincerely, I wasn't ready for any class that morning. I entered the class and walked to my seat. Dami walked towards the window beside Sarah's seat and shouted.

"Aye mi!  You guys won't believe Aunt Tilly collected this girl's scooter."

"She might try it on herself like that. Shebi  it's Aunt Tilly, huh." Emmanuel replied as he and Dami were looked at her through the window.

I quickly walked towards the window, same with some others who were as curious as I was to also witness it. As I got there, someone held my hand and I quickly looked at the person.

"You! I said you didn't greet me."

"Must I greet you?" I replied.

"Of course nah." He said as he walked in front of me beside the window with the others, still staring at Aunt Tilly outside. I also peeped to watch the scene. It was then I noticed Demmie and I were still holding hands. I tried releasing my hand but he tightened his hands around mine the more, with him still staring through the window with the other guys. I was sort of surprised. Still, he didn't let go but I slipped my hand from his and walked to my seat.

• • •

After the morning lecture, we were led to the field for sports. You know, jogging and all that. On my way back to class, I didn't wait for the queue to wash my hands. After sports on Wednesdays, two buckets of water were always placed in front of us. One for the guys, the other for the girls. The guys would line up on a line and the girls on another. We then wash our hands from the water and leave for our classes. I just didn't feel like waiting that day. My hands weren't dirty after all. Moreover, I'm an S.S.S 3 student, nobody could disturb me to go back.