Chapter Thirty Eight

"Underneath our bad blood,
We still got a sanctum home.
Still a home, still a home, yeah.
It's not too late to build it back,
'Cause a one in a million chance is still a chance,
Still a chance.
And I will take both odds."
- James Arthur (Train Wreck)

• • •
Y'all are the best readers FR❤️
By the way, thank you for 46.9k reads and 8.14k votes🥺
I'm more than blessed to have y'all😚❤️
Merry late Christmas to all my Christian readers✨💫
• • •

•3rd Person P.O.V•

"In 5, 4, 3, 2. . ."

(A/N: Why is iCarly's theme song ringing in my head nau?😭😹)

"Welcome to. . ." Lilian and Ifeoluwa shouted with mic in both of them's right hands.

"Social niiiiight!" The other students shouted – more like screamed – excitedly.

"Y'all make some nooiiiiiiise!" Lilian shouted.

"Woohoo!" The girls squealed. Of course, girls can and will always be extra.

The school authorities told them to choose a day before they start their exams fully for social night. They all decided to do it on the night of the last Saturday before the real exams start. The females arranged and decorated the hall, while the guys made preparations for drinks and other things they'd use. It was a programme well planned and to cover it all, the housemasters and mistresses gave them their privacy and freedom. They decided not to join them since they believe they were mature enough to do things the right way.

Immediately the social night party started, songs were blasted from the speaker placed in the front of the hall. The aspiring Disk Jockey of their set; Animasaun, was in charge of the music. Everyone began to dance different moves of Nigerian dance steps to the songs being played. Demilade was seen sitting alone, drinking a cup of Fanta and staring at her dancing classmates with smiles on her face. Jetemi was with Ifeoluwa, Flourish and Rachel. They were on the dance floor. Lydia was with Miracle somewhere in the corner of the dance floor too. Almost, if not all of the guys, were on the dance floor. Demmie and Ramos were seen discussing somewhere on the dance floor.

"Guy, Demi is alone now. You can go and meet her." Ramos said to Demmie amidst the noise and he pointed towards where Demi was seated.

Demmie looked towards the direction. "Oh, true." He finished the drink in the cup he was holding and dropped the disposable plastic cup on the table near them. Ramos patted him on his shoulder and he walked to meet Demi where she was seated. Getting there, he tapped her on her back. She turned slowly to see who the person was. Seeing it was Demmie, she gave a small smile that disappeared as soon as it came.

"Hey." She said to him.

"How're you?"

"I'm fine, obviously." She said and shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh, true." He said and paused for a little while. "Uhm, can we go out? This place is a bit noisy."

"We're in a party, remember?"

"Yes ah." He frowned a bit. "I want to talk to you, mumu."

Without a reply, she stood up and Demmie followed suit. They walked out of the hall and walked down the field a bit. When the noise of the hall was minimal where they stood, they stopped walking.