Chapter Thirteen

A very big thank you to a very great friend of mine for standing by me all through😐 She even had to tell her friends about my book. Thank you so much, oluwaseuna

"If this night is not forever,
At least we are together.
I know I'm not alone.
Anywhere, whenever,
Apart, but still together,
I know I'm not alone."
- Alan Walker.
---------

True to his words, Jared resumed as a student the next Monday. I noticed he seems quiet and he walks with Daniel and Adedotun. All three of them are Art students. I still couldn't believe what they said about him anyway. A yahoo guy? Shit.

That Saturday, I came for lesson. I told my parents we had lesson, and Proprietor told him I really needed the lesson because past questions are always treated. Dad agreed to bring me every Saturday and Mum will pick me up when I'm done.

Our Maths teacher was in front of us, as I tried to listen and focus, amidst the noise my mates were making. You know how joint classes are always like. The noise was coming from most B class students since they don't like Maths at all and they don't make any efforts to listen.

As I was trying to write some things down, I heard my name from the back. Lazily, I turned my head towards the direction to see Adeola. But I didn't only see her, I saw him. Him who? Nah, it's not Demmie, it's Jared.

Jared was on the same seat with Adeola. I acted like I didn't notice anyway as I just waved back to her with a smile, since she was obviously trying to greet me. I took a quick glance at Jared before I faced the front and unfortunately for me, he caught me staring. Shit! I turned back at that moment and continued listening to the teacher.

After the class, everyone went to eat and some strolled around the school. Lydia and I stayed in the S.S.S. 1 class as she was with my phone, reading stories on Wattpad. I sat on the table opposite her and as I was looking outside the window, I sighted some of the B class guys at the tap. The guys included Daniel, Adedotun, James, Joshua, Testimony and the devil himself, Jared.

I kept staring at them and didn't take my eyes off him. Okay, don't get this wrong. I don't have a crush on him, just not yet. But honestly, something about him made me like him. Yeah, you heard that right. I like him.

"So, Demi..."

"Yeah?" I said and turned to Lydia, who just called me. She dropped the phone on the table and faced me squarely. I guess she has a gist for me.

"I think I have a crush on Ramos already. I know it's weird. I just couldn't help it. But I know it's a phase and I'll get over it really soon."

What's all these again now? Crush issues everytime.

"The heck? Ramos? Just don't forget you're dating Demmie already."

"I know right? I guess it's because when Demmie hurt me, he was there. And you know that to me, he's like the elder brother I never had. I guess that's what made me fall for him but I'll get over him real soon."

"Ah... You better do oh." I said as she gave me a little frown. "What?" I asked.

"You're sounding like you still love Demmie. And you're trying to side him so I won't hurt him."

What the? Who is Demmie again? Someone please remind me because right now, I don't think I have an idea.

"Excuse me? I never said I loved him. I had a crush on him, not love. Don't misquote me. I'm only saying that for your own good. Who Demmie epp? I don't care about that one again since you guys first dated. I like someone else already sef. Abeg, let's be guided oh."