Chapter Thirty Seven

"Lifelong,
I have lived the life of another.
Just for one moment,
Let me live my life.
Give me some sunshine,
Give me some rain.
Give me another chance,
I wanna grow up once again."
- 3 Idiots cast (Give me some sunshine).

• • •
Dear readers, thank you for 8k votes. God bless you❤️
I dedicate the chapter to all of our graduands! Those of you who had your V.S recently, congratulations y'all❤️ Greater heights!
• • •

•3rd Person P.O.V•

Demilade got to the toilet and stood in front of the door. She felt bad for shouting at Demmie that way. She didn't mean to, but her emotions got the best of her. She sighed and rested on the outer part of door of the females' toilet.

What do I do?, she thought.

She suddenly heard a person's voice - Lydia's. "Demi!," Lydia called. "Demilade! Twinnie!," her voice got clearer and louder as she moved nearer to where Demilade was. Demilade decided to walk out to go meet her. She left the front of the females' toilet and met Lydia on her way out of the whole toilet compartment - the one building which consisted of both male and females' toilet.

"Demi!" Lydia exclaimed as she walked to Demilade briskly. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm good." Demilade replied her with a fake smile that disappeared as soon as it came.

"I know you're lying." Lydia said and placed both of her hands on Demilade's shoulders. "Talk to me, what's going on?"

Demilade sighed before she then replied, "I don't even understand myself anymore. I got mad when Bomi snubbed me; not snub per say, but he was rude to me and it annoyed me so much!"

Lydia raised her eyebrow at the mention of Bomi's name. "You didn't have to get angry though. He just might be rude to girls normally but as time goes on, both of you should get along. You shouldn't have gotten that mad, you even had to pass the aggression to Demmie. He was really annoyed and confused."

"Uh." Demi said and paused. She sighed and looked at Lydia with a confused look on her face.

"What is it? Is there anything else? Talk to me."

"Lydia," Demilade called and lifted Lydia's hands off her shoulders gently. She sighed again. "About Demmie. . ." She said, her voice gradually diminishing in volume.

"What about him? Talk to me, you know you can tell me anything." Lydia asked with a worried look on her face.

"Well, I think I might offend him real soon."

"Offend?" Lydia paused to think about what Demilade was trying to say, but she had no idea, still. "Why will you offend him? If you think you might offend him, then don't go on with what you want to do so you won't offend him. Abi?  It's that simple now."

"No, I can't, because I can't help it." Demilade said and sighed. "I think I might have feelings for Bomi."

Lydia paused immediately she heard that. She was both taken aback and surprised. She looked at Demilade and she asked herself if she heard her right. "You. . . What?"