№ 37 || Flirting

Jake P.O.V

"Jake, we need to talk." I heard from Lana's bedroom. I was staying over at her house to do some homework, but we weren't really doing any. Whatever it was that she had to talk about already gave me chills. "Ok..." I walk to her room hesitantly, and she's sitting down on her bed, looking at her lap. "Jake... you know that we've been taking some obvious time apart lately..." she looks up from her lap. "I think it's time... we need to break up."

~smol bean time skip~

The breakup was agreed on and peaceful, me and Lana will still be friends, just not dating anymore.

~time skip to school the next day lmao sorry for all the time skips E~

Kirsten P.O.V

I walked into 1st period, smiling at Y/N who was sitting in the back of the class, and she winks at me. I sit down and Jake soon sits down next to me and throws me a, "hey there cutie." I gag at him and he laughs. "I can't be that disgusting." "Yes, you definitely can." I reply. He rolls his eyes at me. "You know, just saying you're cute doesn't mean I wanna date you or anything." "Ok, slow down. Most of the time when a guy calls a girl cute, that's called flirting." I state the obvious. "Ok, think of us as friends with benefits." "First of all, we aren't friends, second of all, that is not at all what friends with benefits means, so please don't ever say that again." "Who said we weren't friends?" He asks. "Me, just a second ago." He doesn't reply, and I smirk. "I've finally silenced you, haven't I?" I laugh. "Sure you have."

~time skip to lunch~

"Guess what happened to me during first period?" I ask, picking at my food with a black, broken plastic spoon. I broke it in half out of boredom because there was no way I was eating this goop that they give us at school. "What?" Raven asks, she was basically the only one paying attention, all the others were on their phones. "Jake was flirting with me." All their heads shot up from their phones, except for Raven's because she was already looking at me. Her eyes just widened a bit. "What?!" Albert shouts. "Yeah, I know." I start to mash the goop with the back of the spoon out of a mix of boredom and anger. "Are you gonna stay away from him?" He asks. "Well, yeah." "Probably for the best." Megan sighs. "Yeah." I slam the spoon into the goop and hide my face in my hands.

~time skip to after lunch~

Megan P.O.V

"So... how are things?" I find it hard to make conversation with Albert while we're walking to 3rd period. "Fine... what about you?" "Eh, fine I guess. If that's even a word to describe it." "I know." He sighs. "One day we'll all be famous YouTubers, and we'll look back at this day and laugh." I smirk. "Yeah... I hope so." He laughs softly. "I'll be making games..." I look down to my feet. "I'll be playing them, and making fun of them." He jokes and I laugh. "If you don't, I'll be disappointed." "No, I will. I'll make it a promise." He smiles. "Good, because I won't have anyone to play my games if you don't." "Or make fun of them." He adds in his usual quirky tone. "Yup." There was a little bit of silence, the only sound was our shoes on the hallway floors, until Albert speaks up. "Do you think Kirsten will... start dating Jake?" He sighs. "That probably won't happen. Kirsten's a good person, and she knows what he did to you." I reassure him. "Yeah... you're right."

~time skip to after 3rd period~

I was walking to fourth period quietly. It was always a struggle getting used to having someone to talk to during 3rd period, and then not having anyone during 4th period. Out of nowhere while walking, a girl runs into me and I drop my backpack, and papers start to spill out of it.

Really, Megan? Why didn't you close your backpack?!

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." "it's ok." I smile and lean down to get my papers, and the girl leans down and helps me, which was an odd thing because usually nobody cares. "It's fine, you really don't have to help-" "no, I'd be happy to." She smiles warmly and continues to help me collect my papers and put them back in my bag. We finish after a couple seconds. "Thanks." I smile and she smirks. "Anytime. I'm Lana by the way."

Lana?

I swear I've heard that name somewhere before.

"I'm Megan, nice to meet you." I hold my hand out and she shakes it. "Cya around." She waves and continues on her way.

Lana...

I swear I've heard of a Lana.

E AUTHORS NOTE

Hey there sisters

I have to say, that little moment with Albert and Megan is the cutest moment in the whole book. (yet)

also yay Megan met a girl named Lana... ok nvm you've figured it out whatever

e

(Word count: 863)