№ 42 || Sucks To Suck

(y'all might not be ready for this 😬)

~after school, the same day~

Albert P.O.V

School was finally over, and I was walking out of 4th period when I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Wait up!" Megan's voice calls behind me, and makes a small smirk appear on my face. "Sorry, I totally forgot anyone existed for a second." "It's fine, but I have an idea." She smiles, leading us out of the classroom. "Oh no?" I say in a questioning tone, and she laughs. "So basically," She starts, walking through the halls with me to the exit. "We'll look for Y/N at the gas station." "Why would she be there?" I ask. "Who knows? Better safe than sorry. And even if she's not there, we could probably use her tech stuff to find her somehow." Megan explains. "True." I sigh. "Alright, so are we going?" She asks. "Sure." I look down at my feet. "Albert, it's gonna be alright." "Yeah, but what if we don't find her?" I question. "We're going to find her. Who knows if she was even kidnapped?" "You have a point." "I always have a point." She giggles and I chuckle. We're close to the exit when we see two kids making out. The girl was leaning against the wall and the guy had her pinned.

Ok, ew.

At least that's what I thought until I realized who the two kids were.

Jake.

And.

Kirsten.

~smol bean time skip~

Megan P.O.V

"Making out?! In the hallway?" Albert questions, looking from the road, to me, then back at the road, clenching his hands on the wheel. "I don't know." I fiddle with my hands, at a loss for words. "I don't think I wanna see what I just saw ever again." He says. "Nobody does." I sigh. "That may have been the worst thing that's happened to me all month, and this month's been crappy as heck." He explains, continuing to drive. "I should've never trusted her, I shouldn't have ever trusted anyone..." "Albert, you know you can trust me." I smile. "Yeah... but I feel like my life is slowly becoming a lie." Albert let's out a few strangled laughs, which was weird for me to hear because the laughs are always genuine, not a distraction from breaking down. "I still can't believe any of this. Like, are you kidding me Kirsten? Jake? There are, what, 200 other boys in the school to choose fro-" "ALBERT!" I scream, turning the car wheel to the left rambunctiously because of the car that had just pulled in right in front of us. We both get pushed to the side, which would've been better than hitting that car. He pulls over, slowly, his eyes widened. He takes a moment, resting his head on the wheel, heavy breathing in and out. "Albert, be careful." I say quietly. I felt so empty in that moment. "Sorry. There's just... A lot on my mind." "It's fine." I sigh, and Albert pulls back onto the road and starts driving again.