№ 44 || French

~ 2nd period ~

Y/N P.O.V

"Hello students, sorry for the interruption, but we just wanted to remind you all that the schools annual prom is sneaking up on us in a month and a half! We'll make more announcements on that later. Thanks."  The principal announced on the intercom, and I mocked her, looking at Albert, and he laughs. "I know. I'm not even going to prom, what's the point in reminding me?" Albert complains. "Hey, I'm not going either. Maybe we could hang out that night or something." I suggest.

But Y/N, wouldn't it be so much cooler taking him to prom?

Wha- no! We're ju-

Just friends. Yeah, I hear it all the time. But he could easily be your prom date.

No, he couldn't. Not with a girl like me.

A girl like you is perfect for him.

Lies, stop trying to make me feel better.

"That would be cool, actually." He smiles, snapping me out of my evil thoughts, and I nod. "It would, wouldn't it." I sigh, resting my head on the desk.

Why do feelings have to be so complicated?

~time skip~

"What's up, idiot?" Jake walks up to my locker. "In my language, we take that as a compliment." I snicker, putting my books up. "Yeah, but would pushing you also be considered a compliment?" He tests. "More like an act of kindness, but whatever floats your boat." I smirk, getting out my other books. "Listen." His voice tenses up. "What." I say in the same tone. "Stay away from Albert, or I'll make your life miserable." He smiles to himself, proabably thinking that he had some kind of power over me now. "This isn't a Wattpad fan fiction, I'm not gonna sit here and avoid my best friend because you're threatening me." He tries to push me, or something, but I duck fast enough and his hand ends up hitting my locker. "Wha-" "Nice try, buster." I smile at him and walk away.

~after school~

Albert P.O.V

"Oh god, I really still have that?" Y/N picks up a letter that looks like she wrote it when she was 4. I was helping her go through her random stuff, because that's what she wanted to do and I wanted to hang out with her. I take an envelope out of the box, it had clean handwriting and was a very neat note altogether. On the front it said, "ma belle fille". I opened it hesitantly, and scanned it even though I couldn't read it, it was all in French.

"Chère princesse, je veux que vous sachiez que même s'il peut y avoir une certaine distance entre nous en ce moment, je vous aimerai toujours de la même manière et je serai toujours là pour vous. Je t'aime, et quand tu trouveras le gars pour toi, fais le moi savoir."

"Can you read this?" I ask Y/N, showing her the note. "Oh... wow..." She takes the note from my hand carefully, and looks at it in awe. "This is something my dad wrote me before he moved." "What does it say?" I ask hesitantly. "It just says, I'll always love you... and stuff like that." "So you know French?" "Yeah... the language makes me happy. Or, brings me back to times that I was happy." "Oh." "Yeah."

french authors note

I'm not gonna put the authors note in French lol

anyways yeah I'm extremely attatched to the song Shuggie by Foxygen all because of ALBERT so uh

ok I'll stop talking now, less about me and more about Y/N. Heh-

(Word count: 563)