№ 5 || Anytime

⚠️trigger warning — very very minor mentions of abuse⚠️

Y/N's P.O.V

I was sitting in my room on a cloudy Saturday morning. I was just chilling in my bed scrolling through social media when my mom busts into my room. "What are you doing?" She asks sternly. She didn't look like she was feeling ok. 

"I-I'm just checking my notifications—" 

"That's all you do. Look at your room!" She points all around her to the contents of my room that weren't dirty whatsoever. 

"Mom, it's clean..." 

"I didn't ask, you're gonna get off your stupid phone and clean your room, right now!" She huffs, and stomps out of my room, closing the door behind her. I had to leave the house before something bigger than being yelled at happens.. because I know that's the only place this was going. I text Kaden, in hopes he'll let me come over.

'Hey, I know this is random and I'm sorry but can I come over?'

He doesn't answer.

'Sorry Y/N I'm at a wedding you can come over later though'

I sigh in defeat. I hear more stomping and cluttering. I needed to leave the house before more bad things happened to me. I didn't care where I ended up. Then I realized.

Albert.

I text Albert faster than Earthworm Sally spreads diseases from Florida to Cali.

{haha everyone liked when i wrote that}

'Hey I'm sorry this is random but can I come over or something'

I sent it, adrenaline rushing through my body.

That was a big mistake. 

To my surprise, he starts typing back really quickly.

'Yeah what's wrong?'

I read.

'Nothing I just need to get out of my house'

'What's happening?'

'nothing I'll be there soon'

'okay'

I throw on my flimflam hoodie and some jeans, and I get a backpack and put some food in it. Then I climb out my window onto the ground safely. "Ok... now to Albert's house." I breathe out to myself, sort of as a way to remind myself where I was going. 

After a lot of clueless walking I approach his house. I knock on the door awkwardly, and he answers soon after. "Hey, Albert. I'm sorry for being random, again, it's— I just.." I look back at the direction of my house. I didn't know whether to tell him or not. 

"It's alright, Y/N, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable with it," Albert looks at me with the softest smile. "It's just— my mom," I admit. 

"Is she alright?" 

"Albert..." 

"Again, you don't have to tell me."

Him not annoying me about telling him what was wrong made me want to tell him even more. 

 "She's abusive. But, don't worry about it. I wasn't even supposed to tell you— but I've already said it and I can't really undo that, so now you know.. and you could tell anyone you want about it—" I tripped over my words, my voice becoming shaky. He cut me off by wrapping his arms around me tightly.

Berto P.O.V

She just started to cry into my shoulder. I wasn't a therapist or anything, and I didn't know Y/N that well, but I held her tight. She needed somebody to be there for her, and it seemed like she didn't have that. 

She soon pushes away gently to dry her tears. "Sorry, I really shouldn't— I usually don't— I just—" She searches for the right words to say while gripping on one strap of her backpack. 

"I know how you feel.. I don't like crying in front of people, either," I say, looking at her, concerned. "You don't?" She questions. "Nope," I reply, and she sits down on my couch. "This is so unlike me," She snickers silently. "Hey, I get it," I reply and she smiles gratefully. 

"Thank you." 

"For?" 

"For being my escape." 

I smile at her warmly. "Anytime." I say playfully. 

 She stayed with me at my house for the rest of that day. I tried to comfort her in any way I could, but once I started to think about it more I was literally just lying to her face. I mean, if she watched my channel she would've already known I was Flamingo, but I don't wanna be the one to tell her.

But do I wanna let her find out herself, and probably get mad at me—?

Y/N P.O.V

I was sitting in Albert's house with him until I got a call from my dad. He never really called me that much, so I answer, telling Albert that I needed to take the call.

"Hey Y/N."

"What's up, dad?"

"Your mother... she left the house. And I don't think she's coming back."

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I don't know where she went, all she told me is she's leaving."

"She can't just abandon her child like that!"

"Y/N, you're 17. She basically has the authority to do whatever she wants now."

"So... the house is mine?"

"No, it's mine. I signed on it with her. You can stay there or if you don't feel comfortable with that, you can stay with one of your friends or something, and I could sell the house, I need the money anyways."

"Thanks for telling me, dad. I'll tell you what I'm gonna do later... I just need to take this all in. I love you."

"I'm sorry... I love you too."

The call ends and all I see when I walk back over to Albert is his worried face. "Are you okay?" He asks quietly. I guess he thought he was annoying me because I've been asked that question many times by him today. "Yeah..." 

"Are you sure?" 

"I guess."

WOO AUTHORS NOTE WOOO

ok hi so there's this person and they keep commenting on my chapters and voting on them and that's amazing to me considering I don't have anyone to read these

ANYWAYS-

so I currently have 43 chapters of this WRITTEN OUT, and over 60 chapters planned out. I'm planning on finishing this book, and even if I don't, (which most likely won't happen), you'll still have around 40 or 50 chapters to read.

{another future comment, like 6 months future, i finished this book lmao}

also not all the chapters are gonna be sappy like this I swear, I'm doing a better job really portraying Albert's personality in my recent books. ;-;

but YEAH- bye sister 

(Word count: 1151)