№ 13 || Go Figure

Albert P.O.V

I was sitting outside on the bleachers again during lunch because I didn't feel good and I was anxious. Y/N was sitting next to me when a tall figure starts walking towards us. It was Jake. He sits down on the bleachers below us, facing us, and I feel my whole body tense up. "Hey, Albert." He greeted me sarcastically. "Hi..." "Dude, we came out here to be alone. So leave us be." Y/N defends the both of us. "Not until Albert here apologizes." "For what?!" I scream. "You know what." "No, I don't!" "You know very well, what. And if you've somehow forgotten, I have a great way to snap you back into reality." He gets closer to me. "I could tell the whole school, right now, that your Flamingo." "You wouldn't..." "I would." He replies to my mumbling. "Well, I think it's time that you go, Jake." Y/N said in a demanding voice, and basically pushed Jake out of the bleachers.

"What did he say to you?" She asks me after he was out of sight. "He said he could tell everyone I'm Flamingo... Or whatever." "Well then... He knows..." "Go figure." She sighs and unfolds the top of the brown bag she brought with her, full of food. "You said you got bullied too... Right?" I ask her. "Mhm..." "how are you so confident around... Him?" "He doesn't scare me. There's something about him... You know how most bullies just seem like... Dead inside?" "Yeah..." "I think Jake has a soft side. But he's... covering it up, I guess." She explains, taking an apple out of the bag and biting it. "Huh." I say. "I just don't know what I did to him." I sigh. "think like... Years ago. Have you ever interacted with someone named Jake other than now?" She asks, her mouth full of chewed up apple. "There was a Jake in one of my 8th grade classes but, I doubt it was this Jake." "Are you sure?" "Pretty sure..." "didn't you say you met Kirsten in 8th grade?" "Yeah, but... what does that have to do with anything?" "Maybe Jake liked Kirsten... and when you started dating her, you basically took every opportunity from Jake to date her." She take another bite of the apple after turning it. "Jake can have her, she's a piece of-" "Ok, but... what if he's trying to get revenge from that?" "Y/N, don't get too ahead of yourself, we don't even know if that kid was him." "What if it was." I stare at her with a straight face, and we hear the bell from inside the school. "God, it's been 45 minutes already...?" She questions, swallowing the rest of her apple and then placing it inside of her bag. "I guess so."

We walk into the school and into the main halls. Y/N eyes her 4th period classroom's door, but then looks back at me softly. "Are you sure you're fine without having lunch?" She asks. "I'm fine. I barely eat anyways." "Funny, I'm always hearing you eat in your videos." She pushes my shoulder playfully and I laugh, but then a random kid walks up to us and asks, "what videos?" Y/N looks at me with widened eyes, then back at the kid. "He uh... sends me random videos sometimes." "Oh." The kid says, shoving in between both of us and walking away through the halls. "Nice save." I high five her, and we walk to our separate classes.

I'm sitting in my fourth period class, not really paying attention, when Y/N texts me.

Y/N - 'Text me because I'm bored'

I laugh a bit and text back.

Albert - 'ok hi 🤠🤠'

Y/N - 'Do you wanna go eat later I know it's random but we do need to talk'

I wondered what she wanted to talk about but didn't ask any questions.

Albert - 'Sure where'

Y/N - 'We can walk somewhere after school'

Albert - 'Ok'

Y/N - 'Wait lol Kaden and raven wanna come can they'

Albert - 'yeah'

Y/N - 'What are we gonna tell them'

Albert - 'About?'

Y/N - 'Why we haven't been talking to them lately'

Albert - 'Just tell them the truth maybe they can help us'

Y/N - 'Ok cya then bertooo'

Albert - 'byeee 🤠🤠'

I guess I was having dinner with Y/N, Kaden and Raven now.

~ time skip ~

I walked out of my fourth period class, carrying one of my backpack straps over my shoulder, when Leah comes and pushes me against the lockers outside of the class. "What's up, nerd." She laughs, her pink hair going everywhere. Leah has bullied me for a while but then took a break for absolutely no reason. I'm not sure what she wants from me.

I try to push away but she remains just hovering over me. Soon I hear a familiar voice shouting at Leah. "Don't you have better things to do, Leah?" Y/N says to Leah aggressively. "What are you, his girlfriend?" Leah says, with an intimidating tone. "I could say the same about you and Jake." Leah puts the hair in her face behind her ear, and looks at Y/N, not having a comeback. "I always see you guys holding hands, or flirting or whatever. Isn't Jake dating Lana? Dirty cheaters." Y/N continues, glaring at Leah, and she scoffs and walks away, putting her pink hair in a ponytail. "What a brat." Y/N takes my hand and walks me out of the school. "So, they said to meet them at Chili's." Y/N informs me. "Chili's is nice." "Yeah..." "Hey... Thanks for... Doing what you did, earlier." I say, looking down, rubbing the back of my neck. "Anytime, Berto." She says, smiling. "I should really learn to defend myself. You say you get bullied but based on the way you act around literal bullies, it's hard to believe that." "My mom was a very confident person, when she was sane, I guess. I guess I was just raised like that. Sometimes I wish she was still with me." I give her a hug, rubbing her back in a friendly manner. "I'm sorry." I say, pulling away from the hug after a moment. "It's fine. I've met some amazing people since then." She winks at me and I laugh. "Are you talking about me? Little ol' mee?! "maybe." She replies. I smile at her. "Thanks, glad you think so." She puts her hand on my shoulder. "No problem."

YES AUTHORS NOTE QUEEEEEEEEN

SO UH- this one is a little longer... sorry

👉👈

also is this considered a cliffhanger? I wanted to end the chapter so sorry

also sorry this whole thing was in alberts POV lol

ALSO- (sorry for all the also's... and all the sorrys-) I added two new characters to le story, Leah Ashe, and Lana! (Lana is Alberts ex in the story as well)

(DISCLAIMER! I have NOTHING AGAINST Lana, Leah, Jake or Kirsten or anyone else WHATSOEVER, if it seems like I'm hating on them by putting them as a certain role in the story I'm not, they're all great :>)

new chapter soon bye sisters ❤️

(Word Count: 1200)