№ 11 || Obvious

Y/N P.O.V

I walk into school and immediately see Albert walking in as well. I run over to him and start walking next to him. "Hi." He says with his quiet, awkward voice. "Hi sis." I reply. We make it to the main halls and there we see Jake walking towards us. "Brace yourself." I warn, but Jake walked passed us without saying a word. "Huh." I say, obviously confused. "Maybe he's waiting." Albert suggests. "Maybe. If not we had a pointless talk about maltipoos." He laughs at my statement. "Yeah, but even if we did now I kinda wish Rock was a maltipoo." He replies. "When did you get Rocky?" I ask. "Me and Kirsten got him together..." "Kirsten?" I ask. "Oh, yeah... Kirsten was this girl I dated but she was just using me for money and stuff. I thought since I knew her before she wouldn't do that but... people change." He says quietly. "Oh. I'm sorry... if it makes you feel any better, the only boyfriend I had was abusive and wouldn't let me out of his sight. It was horrible." His facial expression turns to a look of disbelief, or, grief, I suppose. "What?! Are you ok...?" "I'm fine... I got used to it. But I figured out it was so fricking unhealthy to be... Never mind." I steer clear from the topic, I didn't need Albert to hear it. "What?" "Nothing..." "Y/N, you can tell me. I know you've only known me for like, 2 weeks... But you can trust me." "He just broke me down and made me really self conscious. I've lost all my confidence because of it. I'm one of the most awkward kids in the school. If it weren't for him, I'd be so much happier. So much more confident." He rubs my back in a friendly manner. "I'm sorry." He says. "Don't be, it wasn't you who messed up." He gives me an empathetic smile and hugs me. Let me just say, he was one of the most amazing people, and I haven't even known him for that long. "Thanks Albert." I say. We part ways and go to our separate 1st period classes.

~le time skip to 2nd period~

Albert P.O.V

I'm sitting in second period, eyeing the door, waiting for Y/N to walk through it. After a lot of waiting she finally walks in and sits down in her seat next to me. "What took you so long?" I ask. "Oh, nothing. I just bumped into Jake in the halls, and guess what he was planning?" "What..." "He was talking about flexing on you with his dog." "Oh my god..." "yeah. And I got it all on recording." She gets her phone out and comes closer to my seat, and then starts the recording.

"So I'll walk toward them at lunch and I'll say something like..."

I heard Jake talking to himself through the recording.

"'no wonder you can't get what you want, your so unsuccessful. I have it and you don't.' Or something like that."

Jake's pesky little voice plotted.

She stops the recording there. I look up from the phone to her. "Wow..." I say. "Yeah. But we just gotta find out how he's listening to you." "Yeah... I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens at lunch." Class started moments after I said that. She nods at me slightly.

~ epik time skip to lunch ~

Lunch rolls by and I don't feel like going, so instead I just sit by the bleachers. After a couple minutes, I see Y/N coming near me.

How does she always know where I am?

"Hey, what's up?" Y/N climbs the bleachers to the ones I was sitting on and sits next to me. "Nothing, I just wasn't feeling good, that's all." I say, shaking my leg. "You sure?" "Yeah." She puts her hand on my shaking leg. "Your anxious." I stop shaking my leg in defeat. "what would I be anxious about..." "Jake? If you didn't want to go to lunch you could've just told me."

Maybe I am anxious about Jake...

"I don't think I'm gonna go anytime soon." "That's fine. I'll stay out here with you, I don't want you to depress yourself." She gives me a warm smile and moves her hand from my leg to her side. I smile back at her. "Y/N, what did I do to him?" "I don't know. He's probably just a psychopath." "You think?" "Yeah." Her leg starts to shake. "Dude!" I confront, looking at her shaking leg. "I can't help it, I do it all the time." I roll my eyes. "Ok, whatever." I say playfully. After a while, she says, "Albert, I want you to know that whatever happens I'll be here for you. You don't have to be worried." She smiles at me. "I know... you shouldn't even be pushed into this. It's my issues." "Hey, I said the same thing the other day and what did you do?" I laugh at her statement. "Thanks, Y/N." "Any. Time." She mocks my statement once again.

Authors note WOOHOO

tysm for 700 reads, i was thinking I'd get like 30 or something 

new chapters soon, as always

bye <3