№ 66 || Avoiding

~ large time skip, prom is tomorrow now lol ~

Y/N P.O.V

Albert hasn't talked to me once since the whole prom incident. I don't think he wants anything to do with me anymore. I'm such an idiot, I should've said yes to him and just canceled prom with Dan.

It was 2nd period, the only class I had with Albert. I'd usually love sitting through this class, but now I dread it. "Welcome back, weirdos." Our spunky teacher greeted, stacking some papers and putting them down on her desk. Some kids laughed a bit, greeting her back with a wave or a "Hi, Ms. Griffin," and one of those kids would usually be Albert. But, he hasn't been the most bubbly person lately. The last time he answered a question verbally in this class was weeks ago, and every time his eyes met mine, he had sadness filled in them. Kirsten started to talk to me a lot less, which worried me because she's one of my best friends. I really started to wonder if I was losing my friends.

"So, discuss with your partner what we talked about yesterday." Our teacher started us off by saying. I looked to my left, at Megan, waving her over. Since the seat next to her was empty, she didn't have any partner to discuss with, so she usually just joined Albert and I. She got out of her chair and approached Albert and I. "So, what'd we talk about yesterday?" Megan asked, smiling nervously. It hurt to put her in such an awkward situation like that, but I don't think Albert was gonna talk to me.

"I'm not answering again, I answered yesterday." I said quietly, looking down at my lap under the desk. Megan looked at Albert, motioning him to say what we talked about. "The Great American War." He mumbled, fidgeting with his fingers. It made me happy to hear that he still had a voice, even though I was almost certain that he didn't care about me. But I deserved it. "Great job, Albert!" Megan cheered, laughing, and a smile landed on my face, too. It didn't take long for Albert to start breaking into laughter as well.

But he still hated me, this didn't change anything.

~ le time skip to lunch ~

Raven P.O.V (one of not many)

I was sitting at our table with Y/N across from me, Kaden sitting on the right of me, Megan to the right of Y/N and Lana on the edge. Albert and Kirsten had started going to a different table with a bunch of Kirsten's older friends. I guess Kirsten felt bad for Albert. "So, are you guys excited for prom?" Megan asked, looking at Kaden and I. "Yeah, I guess." Kaden looked down at his lap. "I'm super excited, it'll be so much fun!" Y/N said sarcastically, looking down at her food that she probably wasn't gonna eat. I was excited for prom, I'm not gonna lie. But I knew how Y/N felt, and I didn't need to make her feel any worse than she already felt. She probably feels guilt every time someone mentions the words "prom," or "Albert," and that's pretty often lately.

The rest of lunch was pretty silent after that, except for Megan and Kaden giggling at random moments, or having random staring contests. Those too seriously can't contain themselves.

~ after school, hehe ~

Leah P.O.V

I was walking out of the school, when behind me I hear someone rushing towards me. I look back, and see Jake with a stupid smile plastered on his face. "You look happy." I smirk, and he laughs. "I just wanted to ask you something." He says softly, unlike all the other times he had talked to me. The only way he ever talked to me was a bit coldly, since all the things he says to me are basically orders. The only times he hadn't spoken to me like that were when he was begging me to do something for him, and now. "What is it?" I ask, exiting the school with Dan to my right. "So, you know, tomorrow is prom, and everything..." He starts, in a persuasive tone. "Yeah..." I follow along, a small smile growing on my face, knowing what he was gonna ask. "Can you be my date?" He asks, his face turning red from nervousness. "Is this for your plan, or do you really wanna go with me?" I ask, smirking, as we walked down the road. It didn't take him long to reply. "No, I actually wanted to go with you." He smiles softly. There was a moment of silence as we continued to walk towards the direction of his house. "Then, sure." I giggle after a moment of thinking, and he cheers as we approach his neighborhood. "Well, see you tomorrow, prom date." He bows and I laugh, as he approaches his house.

I knew he was probably lying about wanting to go to prom with me, this is probably all apart of his stupid plan to ruin Albert's life.

But I don't really care.

POINTLESS AUTHORS NOTE #2

half these authors notes don't say anything important but uh

I don't wanna break my streak of having an authors note every chapter

BYE NOOB

(Word count: 870)