№ 9 || Listening

Y/N P.O.V

I walk to my locker with my head down, as usual. Today was Monday. I hear footsteps coming closer to me as I'm opening my locker. "Just Kaden or Albert." I think to myself. I suddenly get turned around then pushed onto the locker next to mine. I grunt from the sudden impact, and look up only to see...

Jake.

"I had a feeling you were gonna be trouble." I murmur. 

"Hey, idiot." 

"What," I groan, regaining my strength from the push. 

"I never told you to talk back to me, moron." 

"I can talk back if I want. I'm really not afraid of... you." 

"Well, you're just a little brat anyways... No wonder your mom left. Do you ever think you're the problem?" He smirks at me and walks away. 

My mouth is slightly open as I watch his image get smaller and smaller. Albert sees the baffled expression I was making and ran over to me. "Y/N, are you good?" Albert asks. "I'm... fine." I hesitate, still thinking about what Jake said. 

"What happened?" 

"Um... J-Jake, uh- he mentioned my mom and then he... asked if I was the pro...problem..." 

"Y/N, don't listen to anything he says... he's just trying to get to you." 

I walk forward a bit from leaning on the lockers. I don't get what it is about him, but Albert is such a likeable person. "Thanks Albert." He nods and smiles and then walks away. I guess I'll be staying away from that Jake kid from now on.

Albert P.O.V

I was sitting in first period, thinking about what happened. Why would he go for Y/N? Is he trying to hurt me more? Then I realize something. 

How would Jake know about Y/N's mom if Y/N has only told me and Kaden? 

My thoughts asked me. I sat there thinking for the rest of first period. I had to tell Y/N. There was no way he could've known unless he was... listening somehow. I don't think Y/N would've told him. 

I hear the bell rang and I sigh in relief as I immediately grab my stuff and throw it in my bag. I run out of the classroom and scan the halls for Y/N, and luckily for me, she was walking by. 

"Y/N!" I whisper. "Yeah-?" She answers. "I need to tell you something, come with me!!" I whisper once again. 

"Umh... why are you whispering?" 

"Just come here!" 

I take her hand and drag her to the janitors closet. The janitor never used it and it was basically open to any kid. "Ok-" I start. 

"Ok..." 

"So basically, how would Jake know about your... mom... if you never told anyone but me and Kaden?" She covers her hanging open mouth. "Oh my god, I never thought of that..." "Yeah." "There's no way he could've heard unless he was..." 

"Listening." 

I finish her sentence. "Yeah, but that's what I don't get. How would he be listening if he wasn't with us..." "I don't know, but I swear that guy is sketchy. We need to stay away from him." I eye Y/N. "Yeah, I know," She sighs and opens the closet door, and we walk out and start walking through the halls towards our next class.

"Has he ever been to your house?" She asks. "Not that I know of, unless he... broke in or something." She rolls her eyes. "I doubt he would do that." "Some people aren't as sane as you may think, Y/N." "Trust me, I know," She replies and we walk into class. "We'll meet at the park after classes and talk about it. Okay?" Y/N schemes. "Yeah."

EEEEE AUTHORS NOTE

hi sister

smol bean update, currently working on chapter 49

I'm gonna try and be getting chapters out faster 

oki, bye <3

(Word Count: 635)