18

"No but don't ghosts and aliens live within the same universe as us?" Jaein asks, trying to take in all of the information from Renjun's conspiracy theories.

"Well yeah ghosts do but aliens live in their own universe that is also in our universe." He explains, trying to help Jaein understand.

"Hmm okay..." Jaein nods, still very much confused. "Wait so ghosts could be watching us right now, unnoticed but an alien will need some sort of physical form in order to do that?"

"Basically, yeah." He says as he lies down beside Jaein as she stares at the sparkly sky, her eyebrows knitted together, probably weirded out by the idea of random lifeforms watching her. He lets a chuckle leave his lips as she watched her. "Do you have any conspiracies?"

"Not really, more like weird philosophical thoughts on life." She says.

"Do you have any about stars?" He asks, the mesmerising lights above him create patterns in the sky, reminding him of the golden specks in Jaein's eyes. As well as the times he used to watch the stars with his grandmother, as they pointed out the shapes and took note of them.

"They're just a bunch of gas bubbles floating in space." She comments.

"That's a boring answer." Renjun says, making Jaein laugh.

"I'm kidding, of course I do." Jaein starts. "I think they have their own lives, just like us. They all have their own souls, living amongst each other in peace." She explains, her eyes reflecting the very stars she is talking about. "I used to envy the stars, they always had each other. But then I realised that I also had the stars, they watched over me at night, and was there for me when no one else was. It was like they were telling me to keep going."

"What are they telling you now?" Renjun askes. It was a question she had never had to answer. She looks over at Renjun who's eyes were locked on the sky. It is something that makes her realise that he actually cares. She looks back at the dark blanket above them, watching the stars blink at her. They were different from the stars she had looked at before, the ones that comforted her, the ones that hugged her when she needed it the most. These stars were smiling.

"That they're proud of me, and that the guy beside me is super cute." She smiles at him.

"Well they have good taste." He smiles back, letting out a small laugh. Renjun brings his hand towards hers, lacing them together as they continue to stare up at the sky. "What do you think some of them are doing?"

"...hmm that one is probably dancing or something." She says, pointing to a star that is blinking quite a lot.

"I think that one probably just got grounded." Renjun adds, pointing to a small one that is particularly far from the rest.

"Poor guy." Jaein pouts.

"Ah and those two." Renjun points, bringing up their intertwined hands to point at two stars that are close together. "They're in love."

"Just like us." Jaein comments.

Renjun pauses, looking to the girl beside him who already had her eyes on him. His heart dropping. He leans in closer to her, tucking some of her hair behind her ear, letting his thumb stroke her cheek lightly as he gazes into her eyes.

"Yeah. Just like us."

-----

Renjun and Jaein made an attempt to ride their bikes back to the house, but unfortunately they failed as it was to dark to do so, so the two ended up walking back with their bikes, their phone flash lights showing their way back.