5

"Hey thanks for the calling last night and why are you so tired?" Jaein asks into the phone. She decided to call Renjun to thank him. She had to send some dishes that her mum had made for Jaehyun so she came over to the SM building. She thought that if Renjun wants they can meet up as he seems exhausted.

"Because of you" Renjun says irritated. This takes her by surprise, she didn't think he'd be this mad. She could feel it too.

"Wow okay why?" Jaein says, almost matching his tone.

"Who the fuck wakes up at two thirty am?!" Renjun's voice cracked into the phone,

"I did, so what you used to wake early when you had the comeback and I didn't complain." Jaein fights back.

"Yeah but you're not even having your comeback yet! And I literally got back to the dorms two thirty!"

"Maybe if you were organised--"

"I am organised I just thought I could at least get three hours of sleep!" He yells into the phone. Jaein is heated, she wants to slap the kid.

"Where are you?" Jaein says seriously. She wants to talk to him face to face instead of yelling over the phone. Maybe it would be easier for him to understand if he saw her in person.

"In the practice room." He answers, suddenly sounding unsure.

"Are your members there?"

"Not at the moment.." he replies before Jaein hangs up.

Renjun stands up when she enters, the tension in the room immediately rises. They step closer to each other, both of them, as frustrated as ever. Neither wanting to admit that they were happy to see each other as their anger takes over.

"Why are you here?" Renjun starts as he walks up to her.

"You know if you knew you had a schedule today and had actually gone to sleep, we wouldn't have this argument right now." Jaein states ignoring his question. At this point the argument isn't really about sleep. It is more about proving who was right.

" I guess I thought that I could sleep at the time that I usually do!" He argues. When Jaein wakes up, it tends to affect Renjun more than it should as she drinks strong coffee when she wakes up. He would have a chance to feel tired  or at least enjoy a few more hours of sleep if it wasn't for that.

"I didn't have choice and you know that."

"Are you sure about that? Cause I feel like I know nothing when it comes to you" Renjun ruffles his hair in frustration. Jaein stares at him, surprised at his words. "I've spent the past year almost sleep deprived because of you. Do you know how tired I am of it?" He shouts, the statement hitting her hard.

This hurt Jaein more than it should've. When they had first realized that their sleep schedule was affected by each other, Jaein was happy, mainly because it meant that she got a bit more sleep but Renjun got less because of her. She's tried taking sleeping pills so that it doesn't affect Renjun as much, and it works sometimes. But they are yet to find a proper solution, so the fact that Renjun brought this up as if it was her fault, made her feel like she's a burden.

I guess that's all I am to you. A burden.

He notices her hurt look and he realizes what he had just said."I- I'm sorry I didn-" before he could finish, Jaein opens up her bag and pulls out a scrunched up brown paper bag and takes out some meds. She takes a strip of it and forces it into Renjun's hand. Feeling the tingles of her skin on his, making him shiver.

"Let's not meet up for a while." She says finally, before storming out of the room, passing by Haechan, who had seen the whole thing, in the process.