21

"Think about it." Jaein leans closer to the directors desk, grabbing his attention. "He's had almost no solo activities other than a radio show, and he's part of nct's most successful unit, I think it's only fair that he has a chance to do something like this."

"He does have quiet a high male range which contrasts with your lower female range." He scratches his chin, deep in thought. "This is going to change everything." He sighs, as he looks through a stack of papers.

"But it can happen right?" She asks, looking up at him with a pleading look.

"I'm not sure."

"If you don't let him do it you're racist." She warns.

"I--look I personally think your idea is great, and I don't see why we've never let him do something like this before but there must be a reason." He explains.

"The SM basement must be a dark place." She shakes her head, letting out a loud sigh. The man shares a glance with Jisoo, who simply scoffs at the girl's behaviour.

"Jaein-ssi, I will try my best to get him out of that basement and on a song with you." He assures, giving her a stern nod. "I just feel...like we could make the next star blossom with you guys."

"Is that the concept you have in mind?" She asks, trying to stop her lips from curling upward. The thought of having a star-blossom like concept with Renjun would be the dream.

"Well it depends on the song, but you guys give me the vibe." He comments, before jotting things down. "I'll let you know how it goes, I need to get permission to ask him first so it may take a while."

"Don't worry, take your time." She smiles.

"Thank you, I know this may have changed your plans a lot so I apologies for that." Jisoo bows, eyeing Jaein to do so too.

"It's okay. You were right about that though, I think the company knows how powerful people like Jaehyun, Mark and Taeyong are and try to milk the most content out of them as they can, I think it's about time we shine the light on some of the other guys."

"Ah I'm glad." She says.

"May I ask." He cocks his head. "Why did you choose Renjun?"

Jaein pressed her lips together, she's wanted to work with him ever since she started listening to nct dream. He has such beautiful and powerful vocals, making her realise why her soul seems to love him so much.

"I heard NCT dreams cover of no 1 and I kind of fell...for his voice." She replies. "I immediately knew that was a voice that deserved more."

"Hmm I see..." He nods, a small smile creeping onto his face. "I look forward to working with you Jaein."

------

Jaein sighs as Jaehyun pulls into their parents compound. She looks up at the house she grew up in, every time she comes back it brings back unwanted memories, as well as the feeling of home. She hasn't even entered the house but she already feels pissed off, though she isn't sure why.

"You ready?" Jaehyun asks as he takes off his seatbelt. "We're a bit early."

"Yeah." She presses her lips together. The two pull out their phones simultaneously, knowing it'll be their last chance to check up on anything they needed before they went in. Jaein desperately looks through her messages with hope.

moomin

good morning !

i hope you aren't too hungover, if you are, i hope the soup helped